Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 EcoSport and recently a message flashed up on the screen my key fob battery was low. I looked up how to open and replace battery. Took the battery out. Then using my spare fob drove to buy spare battery.
I then replaced battery as stated in ford book. But it wouldn't work? Tried different battery, still nothing? I have since been told that if the battery is not in the fob for a length of time it could lose it's memory??

Is this right? Ford tells me it cost £350 for e new one, Timpsons charge £150 but in all honesty I can't believe it has come to this?
Can anyone help or advice please.

Thanks

Dale

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hi Dale and welcome to the forum :D

There is plenty of time to change battery once battery low message comes up. Only if you have left it for few months, then there could be a problem of not sync-ing.

First simple checks: Ensure key fob battery is installed right way up. Is the open and close buttons worn?, so not working.

If above ok, then take it to a locksmith who sell replacement car key fobs and program them, they can reprogram your existing key fob at a cost a lot cheaper than you mentioned, if its just programming only required, and not buying a new fob. Locksmiths program the fob to your car by interfacing to your car's computer via the OBD port.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts