Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a 2016 ecosport titanium. My keyless entry has decided to stop working - more likely, I mistakenly turned it off. How do I switch it on again? I've had this issue in the past and I think it's something like switch the car on and lock & unlock using some sequence until the alarm goes off, but I can't figure it out or find that resource again. Any help would be greatly appreciated; I don't want to have to be hunting for my keys again. Yes, I'm that lazy. Thanks for your help 馃檪

Registered
It could be that the battery needs replacing in your Key Fob. Have you tried with the spare one first to see if that still works? Otherwise there should be an option in the Menu to turn it on/off manually. I know there is on on my Kuga but our replacement Ecosport doesn't have Keyless Entry but am currently looking into trying to have it enabled (shouldn't be an issue I would have thought using a suitable aftermarket keyless entry module).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be that the battery needs replacing in your Key Fob. Have you tried with the spare one first to see if that still works? Otherwise there should be an option in the Menu to turn it on/off manually. I know there is on on my Kuga but our replacement Ecosport doesn't have Keyless Entry but am currently looking into trying to have it enabled (shouldn't be an issue I would have thought using a suitable aftermarket keyless entry module).
Hi thanks for your reply. Keyless entry isnt working on either set of keys. My 16 model doesn't have the option on the menu/screen to disable and enable keyless entry. To do that, buttons need to be pressed in a particular oder and within a short amount of time. I've accidentally switched it off before, and have managed to get it working again, but it's not in the manual and I can't find the online resource I've used previously to undo my mistake.

Registered
In that case it could be this then as works on some Kuga's apparently...

Press and hold the unlock and lock buttons on the remote key simultaneously for at least four seconds with the ignition off. The direction indicators will flash twice to confirm the change.
To return to the original unlocking function, repeat the process.

Registered
Some of those menu's are pretty deep in drop down options. There's a often a general "reset all " to default option that may be a solution
Under:

Menu > Information > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Keyfree (On/Off)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts