Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rain stopped play on my conservatory so i took my dad who is over from aus for a drive to see a geo cachce we set out. drove down the the country lane passed a lorry ok but at one point in lane a concrete drain cover sticks out in road, an on comeing nissan slowed a bit i slowed a bit but our mirrors touched by the millimeters both cars colour cover came of aswell as glass breaking. the indicator glass had a clip break.picked up the colur cover to find it in tact so just stuck it back on. went over other car and there colour part was ok just fitted back on no marks from the knock.exchanged details but feel it was ones fault road narrowed i moved over about 3" inches.luckily went to ford and they had parts for me next day so alls well. Just waiting to see if i here from other driver

·
Registered
853 Posts
We have a local humpback bridge near us that was made in 1880 and will only just take two modern cars side by side. I do not know how many cars have lost mirrors when passing each other there, as its a total blindspot for oncoming traffic

When i go over it I pull in my mirror just to give me those few extra inches, and always try to judge going over the bridge by myself.

If I see a lorry oncomming, forget it as I come to a stop til its over the bridge.

We have campained for traffic lights there to end two way flow collisions, but council refuses to pay for them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts