Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey that looks great! It looks big next to the Kuga as well, I've never seen them side by side before.
Obviously the Kuga is in a different class to the Ecosport but I'd be interested to hear how they stack up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xn85 said:
Wow. It looks fabulous in yellow!

How do you think the ES stacks up against the Kuga?
Ecoboost said:
Hey that looks great! It looks big next to the Kuga as well, I've never seen them side by side before.
Obviously the Kuga is in a different class to the Ecosport but I'd be interested to hear how they stack up.
Hi,I have to admit, it does look good in Yellow but for some reason I feel just a little conscious when driving it.
As to how the two cars compare. They don't. The seating positionis very similarbut the ES seats are considerably harder. That is not to say that they are uncomfortable because they are not. Thesize of the two doesn't differ that much in the cabin (in the front, haven't sat in the back on a journey yet) and I don't feel as though I'm driving a 'small' carin the ES. The power unit is the biggest difference. You can definitely feel the difference between the 2.0 Tdci 163bhp compared to the 1.0 125bhp Ecoboost. If I am to compare the ES with the Nissan Juke that I had before then I have to say I prefer the Ecoboost engine to the 1.5 Tdci Renault engine in the Juke.Also the AWD on the Kuga makes a difference.Little things that I am trying to get used to on the ES (and they are little) is the position of the window buttons (a lot further forward on the door in the ES) and the position of the Stop/Start button (higher on the ES than in the Kuga). Both are silly little things but you notice them when you're used to puttingyour hand on something automatically.
The only other thing that I felt was a bit odd on the ES is the DRL's. I thought that they were the strip lights in the headlight casing. Not so, the DRL's are thefront FogLights and the strip lights are the side lights. Do I like the ES? Yes, I really do. Very happy with it and love the sound of the engine. Would I go back to the Juke? No, don't think so.Lazy.
Edited by: Lazy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lazy, I've got a Kuga TitX FWD and my wife the ES 1.0 Titanium. I totally agree with everything you've said about the two cars. I agree that the ES seats are pretty hard, but find them surprisingly comfortable...

I like the diesel torque on the Kuga but the 3-pot engine growl on the ES. I always fumble around to find the Start/Stop button on the ES and usually open the back rather than front window! Another gripe is the steering mounted controls. They are on opposite sides to the Kuga..

The ES bonnet is actually higher than the Kugas, but the Kuga has better forward visibility. Although the cars feel very similar sizes when driving, the ES is noticeably narrower. I don't think there's much difference in rear seat legroom though...

The Sync system on the ES is awful compared to the Kuga and the bluetooth is worse than my old Mondeo. It's forever losing connection to our phones and getting it to recognise speech is a joke! I get so frustrated that I usually park, dial the number manually and then carry on driving. You would have thought Ford would have raided it's parts bin and put the same Sync in all its cars... Economies of scale?

I totally agree with your comments about the DRLs. They should be using the LEDs like the Kuga TitX rather than the fog lamps. I often drive with the LEDs on (sidelights) and the front fog lamps... (Just don't tell the boys in blue...)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A few add-ons.Chrome fog light rim (front)
Chrome EcoSport on wheel cover and fog light rim (rear) with dog being nosey.
Privacy glass
Front, rear & side.

Edited by: Lazy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looking really good. I love the EcoSport badge on the back - was thinking of getting one for our Blue ES.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts