Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.i would like to upgrade my headlights to led ones. 2016 ecosport. can anyone give me the right headlight bulb i would need to get . also would like to replace the daylight running bulb for an led one . does anyone know which bulb will fit . not interested in fog light bulb as hardly ever use them .thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe that the headlight bulbs are H4 fitment. On the '16 Ecosport it looks like the daylight running bulbs are also the fog lights... in which case you'd need H11 fitment. For upgraded bulbs I've always used Autobeam, they're more expensive than an eBay job but they're good quality. Their LED H4's start at £40 for the set and the H11's are £50. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
28 Posts
LED headlight bulbs will fail the MOT as they are not E marked and should not be fitted to halogen light housings. LED headlights from the manufacturer are legal (and expensive) because they are E marked and if they fail the whole light assembly must be replaced.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Petrolpig is right. At present aftermarket LEDs replacing factory bulbs will fail the MOT. Only LED factory fitted is OK, where the LEDs came initially with the car.

My answer to those that want headlight upgrades is not to go for LED at present, the answer is to buy 150% increase brightness bulbs. makes like Phillips Xtream vision Pro150 or Osram nightbreakers 150, etc, are legal and not that expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts