Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I remember my mate having a Ford Anglia in the 1970s and the lights were similar on that, so much for Ford progression !

·
Registered
853 Posts
Have to agree light output is rubbish on original 60/55W H4 bulbs on pre-facelift model, I have a 2016.

First thing i did when i bought the car was get 150% brightness bulbs.
I fitted GE Megalight Ultra H4 +150% Light Car Headlight Bulbs from Amazon Ltd.
Note: There are plenty of other higher brightness bulb makes available out there.

PS..Decades ago with my Ford Capri, I fitted 100W light bulbs in the existing headlamps, with two auxilary driving lights mounted up front, to floodlight the road at night :D (In those days it was not illegal to boost your night time lighting a lot, and I mean a lot)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Totally agree, but it's a bit crap when you pay 10k plus for a new modern car and then you have to start spending money to make the lights better, that's probably why Ford are down in the Ratings of other car manufacturers.

·
Registered
853 Posts
And its extra now for a spare tyre...don't get me started >:)

PS..the much brighter bulbs are worth it though, and are around £20

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are some LED chipped bulbs you can get what fit straight in with pure white light, good reviews but never tried them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's right with Ford's thought 2016 models no spare wheel, no DAB radios, old fashioned yellow light bulbs, in fact that 2016 Ecosport I,ve got has about as many extra,s as a old Ford Cortina, this is the first Ford I,ve had for a long time, and I won't be having another, VW t roc for me next far better motors.

·
Registered
853 Posts
The 2016 Ecosport had a cost extra for the rear spare wheel, as per my picture on the left, which was a full sized alloy with cover. I had to pay for roof rails as well, as it was extra on the base model which I have.

As for my old MK3 Ford Cortina, I was impressed with mine as it had a one speed ventilation fan fitted as standard, and if I remember a new fangled gadget...a rear screen heater element built into the rear screen to demist it (WOW). We were so easily pleased in them days :D

See my old Fords......
https://www.ecosportownersclub.co.uk/forum/24-idle-chit-chat/4686-my-earlier-fords.html

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a ,Cortina mk3, 2000xl, the lights were same on this as the 2016 Ecosport, great innovation from Ford !

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got a proper spare wheel off ebay. A breakers yard had some, and have found one identical to my wheels, same style and colour, so a bonus really. It even has the tyre pressure sensor on it, all in good condition, not cracked or bent, no damage. It was £70 buy now or make offer, so thought be cheeky, offered £50 and they took it, plus free delivery. Was well happy with that bargain. So I have a proper spare now in my boot. Finding a jack that lifts that high not easy, as scissor jacks don't go that high. Found a compact trolley jack on ebay, £49.99 that lifts higher up vehicles, it's minimum is 192mm, to maximum 532mm. So just the job to lift the ecosport, plus it a 3 ton jack.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You pay all that money for a Car then have to spend loads more cash bringing it up to scratch especially something like a 2016 model, no DAB, no cruise, no speed limiter, no spare wheel, crap headlights with old fashioned crappy H4 bulbs in, make no wonder Ford are always bottom of the heap.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why are the lights on the eco sport such bad design. Mine is a 2015, start the car you get daytime front running lights, that okay. When dusk you want to put side lights on, you turn the light switch once, you get rear red lights, 2nd click you get front dipped lights. What a stupid way of doing things. I had a Ford C Max before, 2008 now, when you switched lights on, one click you got red lights rear, and side lights front. 2nd click you got dipped headlights front. So why can't Ford do this on the eco. So on the eco you can't have side lights at front, it straight to dipped headlights.Bad design if you ask me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New Ecosport,s are better but why couldn't they have done it in the first place, end of !, it's not as though 2015/16 are old cars ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
The C Max was 2008, it had sensible lights lol. Like you say, why couldn't they do this on the earlier range. Is annoying but nothing can do. Seems strange not being able to have front side lights on, just straight to dipped head lights.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts