Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was test-driving Ecosport at the speed of 60Km/h and the doors were locked from inside. one of my friend sitting in the back seat tried to open the door and to our surprise the door opened.

The car was locked from inside using the lock button (on driver side) even then all the doors can be opened in the running car at any speed. upon asking the salesman said its a safety feature called impact auto door unlock.

I doubt this as it is very risky because anyone from inside can open the door in the running car. Kindly confirm this.

and if there is any way to disable this feature please let me know

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum Saksham :D

Yes, all doors can be opened from the inside on the move, this is for safety in case you have to get out fast. Just do not open doors on the move LOL.

Partial Solution: Rear doors can be locked with the child lock levers, so rear doors cannot be opened from inside.

The car was locked from inside using the lock button (on driver side) even then all the doors can be opened in the running car at any speed. upon asking the salesman said its a safety feature called impact auto door unlock.
These buttons will lock the outside of the doors, so no-one from outside can enter. Also can unlock.

You can set up, single locking mode, or double locking mode, or auto-locking mode where doors lock when you get above 5MPH. See your manual.

Impact auto door unlocking, is where your car doors are locked on the outside while driving, and if you crash and the airbags go off, then the doors will unlock, so people can drag you out of your car to safety. I personally do not trust this, as I have seen crashes where air bags do not go off, so will the doors unlock in a crash? So I drive always with doors unlocked.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Talking about door entry...

WARNING..Never leave your keyfob in the cars boot and close the tailgate, as it is possible the car may auto lock and trap your keys in the boot and you cannot get in :confused:

Car autolock is a safety measure, where if you unlock the car and do not open the doors, it will auto lock after a few minutes.

For some reason with the tailgate on the Ecosport, it sometimes does not recognise that the tailgate door has been opened and auto lock occurs, so beware, as a few owners on here have mentioned this problem of trapping keyfob inside the boot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts