Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Aston Martin DB5 :)

Probably the most famous of all James Bond's cars, the DB5 is a classic Aston for a reason.

sorry for reviving this thread, however i guess this is a thread that could get only more and more interesting, and this aston martin is also one of my dream cars! The ultimate dream is the ferrarri f40.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have for most of my motoring life while working, had a practical car and a 2 seater convertible as my fun car.
Now as a pensioner on a pathetic UK pension compared to other EU countries, I can only afford the practical car.
That is my Ecosport. I love the Ecosport, it ticks all the boxes for me ;)

Now if I had the lottery up, I would go for a Jaguar convertible F type.
But would as always with all my cars, try to get a good deal :D
They are over £50k new, which is definitely not worth it, you would lose 10k just driving off the forecourt in devaluation, but I did see one the other day as a demonstrator car with only 20 miles on the clock, for many thousands less. I have bought many demonstrators in my time, you get a nearly new car for a good price.

I always think it is not just the buying of the car that is the problem, but the running costs, fuel, insurance, repairs, etc.
So even with 'money no object', I still think of saving my money, and would say £50k for a F type Jag is money down the drain, and end up buying a year old secondhand Smart Fortwo Convertible at £10k LOL.

Just a dream.....

·
Registered
909 Posts
The Honda S660..This is another dream car of mine, that is within budget, but not available in the UK...

This very small 2 seater convertible was made in Japan in 2015 to present for the Japanese market at around £14,000, and is a rear engined 660cc convertible. The soft top targa style roof can be taken out and rolled up and put in a space under the front bonnet.

It is very futuristic looking, and quite high spec-ed, typical Honda, but is only sold in Japan and a few other far east countries. There has been a very few imported here to the UK secondhand for private buyers, but cost around £20,000 due to importing costs.

There was talk of making an S1000 with a 1000cc engine put in the same body for international market, ie, brought to the UK, its price would be dearer than the S660, but this never happened (so far). Pity, I like it.

My last Honda was a 2 seater convertible Delsol CRX (imported) and I loved that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts