Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a 1.5 auto EcoSport '67, 3 weeks now.... Just worked out I'm only getting about 16.5 miles to gallon..... Wondering if anyone had any feedback on if I'm doing something wrong? Doesn't seem to find top gear til between 60-70... Does anyone else have probs I'm new to automatic

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hi Andi and welcome to the forum :D

You should be getting between 'above 30 MPG to just over 40 MPG at best' in the petrol Ecosport.

16.5 MPG is awful and something is really wrong there.
Its time to put it into a garage to find out why you are getting such losses.
Maybe a cylinder is not firing, maybe a coil pack not working, does the car engine sound rough and staggering at idle.
A service would help, replacement spark plugs, oil and filter, and air filter.
Ensure tyres are at correct pressure.

Auto box can cause losses....
Is it slipping a lot through the gears, does it seem to be coasting all the time, ie, no power behind it. Taking a long time to get up the gears. This would indicate that you have the wrong exhaust back box fitted, that has reduced engine back pressure. Ensure you have the proper back box for the car. Good Luck.

·
Registered
Ford ecosport Titanium 1.5 Smoke Grey
13 Posts
Hi Andi,
I bought a 1.5 Auto 7 weeks ago, I have a 67 plate as well, mine is averaging around 34.2 per gallon .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a 1.5 auto EcoSport '67, 3 weeks now.... Just worked out I'm only getting about 16.5 miles to gallon..... Wondering if anyone had any feedback on if I'm doing something wrong? Doesn't seem to find top gear til between 60-70... Does anyone else have probs I'm new to automatic
[/QUO
Hi Andi and welcome to the forum :D

You should be getting between 'above 30 MPG to just over 40 MPG at best' in the petrol Ecosport.

16.5 MPG is awful and something is really wrong there.
Its time to put it into a garage to find out why you are getting such losses.
Maybe a cylinder is not firing, maybe a coil pack not working, does the car engine sound rough and staggering at idle.
A service would help, replacement spark plugs, oil and filter, and air filter.
Ensure tyres are at correct pressure.

Auto box can cause losses....
Is it slipping a lot through the gears, does it seem to be coasting all the time, ie, no power behind it. Taking a long time to get up the gears. This would indicate that you have the wrong exhaust back box fitted, that has reduced engine back pressure. Ensure you have the proper back box for the car. Good Luck.
Thank you,
Got it from a Ford main dealer with a warranty.
I think I'll have to get it back to them to have a look at.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, Did Ford manage to sort out your MPG issue in the end?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts