Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the car came without mudflaps and here in the West Country they are essential I decided to purchase a set. However it appears that despite the 'new model' being out for some months, mudflaps appear to be out of stock at on line Ford dealers. Ford price circa £80 the set. Good old Ebay produced several alternatives. and so I ordered a set from E bay and of course they were coming from China. Delivery about the end of July, well I was surprised when thy arrived today. I have offered them up to the car and the fit appears good even the holes are in the correct place. The make is 'Xukey' and having had products from this maker before I am quite satisfied they will fit. Cost about £20 including fittings.
The actual fitting to the car might mean a different story.
If I can get my lethargic self to brave the heat I will fit them asap and post the result.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you manage to get them fitted? I didn't realise the car would come without them so may look at getting them when I have the car in a couple of weeks.
If you have now fitted them, would you recommend them?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did fit them, I thought I did a post on the fitting however here goes.
Obviously the Xukey mudflaps are not OE but the fit is pretty good. £20 is a bit different to £80 if you can find Ford ones. Pre 18 Ecosport flaps are available on line from Ford dealer here at about £50 a set.

The front ones was a case of removing the 3 ' clips ' from the plastic trim . The Xukey flaps had the holes drilled in the correct position. When it came to replacing the clips, it would have been easier with the wheel removed but access was fairly good by putting the wheels on a lock to give access.One clip was a pig as there is no support behind the plastic trim and it is a case of keep trying.
The rear ones were a different story. Either remove the wheel or jack the vehicle up. I did neither and it made the job more complicated. Remove the clips and offer the flap up. Again as there is no support behind the plastic in the wheel arch it is a case of trial and error. I actually used 6mm ( 10mm spanner ) stainless nuts bolts and washers and this made life much easier. Again access to one fixing is made much easier by removing the wheel or jacking the car up. Even Ford flaps would have needed the same as the Xukey ones because of access. It was a few hours work mainly because I was working so to say by trial and error. The clips and the unsupported trim are the bug bear. I cannot drill holes in the car as it is a Motability car and anything I do must not deter from the original. Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts