Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Superchips (bluefin) is the one I have gone for. Many offer same figures but I trust superchips research and have used them in the past with great results. Can also easily be removed with bluefin device if required.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As for figures;
Car has gone from 123bhp to 161bhp and 170nm to 243nm.
The torque is my main reason for the remap, the car now gets in 5th so much sooner and easily manages 42-43 ave mpg on short journeys, and if your motorway driving its 5th all the way no need to drop a gear to pass.
In gear acceleration is fantastic with 0-60 feeling quick, not wanting to overly wear clutch or tyres I've not tried to time it though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Remap been running for several weeks now, mixture of driving styles and journeys, to test. All fluid levels have stayed constant with no overheating, used an infrared thermometer on several components, before and since remap.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm interested in a remap and looked at bluefin too. I wanted to make sure you could feel the acceleration and it sounds like you can. Was it easy enough to fit?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I plugged device in it took a copy of standard map, plug device into computer and up load to superchips. They send back latest suitable remap next day. Plug back into car and it copies to car.
It's simply pluging into OBD socket, RH side of lower dash, in car aand follow instructions.

·
Registered
853 Posts
How does this remap go regarding your car insurance, as its a major change and must be informed, and costs go up?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts