Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all members.
I have just picked up my new grey ES Diesel Titanium new model.I have been waiting since April!!!Can anyone tell me If you elect to have the rear spare wheel(which I have)does that mean that the tailgate door should partially open the same as the model without the spare wheel.
On collection of the car the dealer said that the partially opening door was not available for the rear spare wheel model due to the weight of the wheel.
Can anyone clarify if this is right, before I do battle with the dealer.
Clive
from Spain

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome along Clive, do you mean when you open the rear door it kind of clicks open half way? A bit like the normal doors do?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ken
thanks for responding. Yes I do mean like a normal door, except mine doesn't, it opens continuously to the end of the hinge. According to the upgraded specs for the 2015 models, it should partially open before being fully opened to allow easy access when in more confined spaces.
I'm not sure if this upgrade only applies to the model without the spare wheel. I've looked on the internet and can't find anything which would clarify this. Perhaps someone with the new model who opted for the rear wheel can assist.
After two days of having the car I'm still very happy with it.
Clive

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Clive
I picked up my new updated ECO today also but opted not to have the spare wheel. The rear door just seems to hold at a third or half way open (in fact any part open) without any obvious clicks or specific hold points. Looks like a gas filled strut at the bottom. Maybe the extra weight of the spare wheel excludes this?
Happy motoring
Neil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Neil,
Thanks for your reply.It looks like you may well be right.
If I had known this before I purchased the car I think I would have opted for the model without the spare wheel.I think Ford should have stated this when the upgraded model was due to be released.

Happy motoring

Clive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts