Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
With Ford having four SUV's perhaps as the Ecosport has not attracted the sales it deserves, they feel this new model might get the sales.
Personally, the Ecosport fills a niche in the range as the Kuga is out of many peoples price range and therefore this new model might not do the job as it is inevitable that the price will be up from the Ecosport.Like Bobbyecosport, I do not like the look of it, there is a look of a Focus about it. Also the height is important to us as the old joints ain't what they used to be.

Time after time the public is put off by the motoring press. If it ain't a Ferrari it gets nil points unless of course it comes from the VAG stable, which even after all their fiddling still keeps selling. There is a member in France who is swapping his VW for an Ecosport. When I asked him about VW and build quality which is allegedly superb, he felt that Ford were not far behind BUT you will never see that from the motoring press.
After having a Honda with their reputation for build quality, the Ecopsort is equal if not better and the dealership is certainly better.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agree you both, that as this is going to be a crossover model (SUV/car), so it will be closer to the ground, and from a safety point of view, ie, not as good as an SUV, and that was the main reason I bought a SUV as it has a high ride height.

SUV's also tend to be rather expensive and the SUV Ecosport that we have at present fits in a niche as a smaller SUV at a far better price than most of these bigger SUVs out there. Yet does the exact same as them and looks good.

Not sure why Ford want to go away from this SUV format, and go for a crossover, as these type of cars have even a more limited market. I do not see existing Ecosport customers going for a crossover.

My own intent soon will be to get the facelift model as replacement to my three year old Ecosport at present. Just got to get one where the price is right, be it a pre-reg or demonstrator version for sale, or from one of those car comparison price websites. Always try to get the best price as my priority factor when buying a car :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
I did a Google and found some more pictures of this new car. If I read it right Ford are stopping ALL models like the Fiesta in USA. The various writers could not agree on what the new one is based on albeit a Fiesta or a Focus but one thing I did see was a pic of the rear end, which has a lift up rear door BUT the sill which is important to many was rather high. In fact it appeared to level with the top of the rear wheel arch. Whether or not this will be altered in the production model will be something Ford ought to consider. I know that the height of the sill to the boot is a make or break on some vehicles. Lifting a pushchair or golf clubs et al over a high sill is a consideration by many.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
This is not a direct replacement for the Ecosport - it's going to be called the Ford Puma. Its a small SUV between the Ecosport and Kuga. It's going to be based on the new Fiesta platform.

More information here: Ford Puma to return as a small SUV

No idea if this means the current Ecosport will cease production or if it will remain in some form. Certainly from reading the new Ford Puma Forum it suggests the Ecosport will remain as part of the line up.

At first the new car was believed to be a replacement for the Ecosport, but we now know it will sit alongside that car as a sportier, more style-oriented alternative.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts