Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got a new Black Titanium to replace our original Blue Titanium.

Surprisingly don't miss the rear wheel!

Titanium model now has the original Titanium X alloys. Also the rear bumper grey/silver part is different to original (but that could only be on non spare wheel design)

Interior has been updated a bit, obliviously new additions to Titanium is auto wipers and auto head lights, dimming rear view mirror, dashboard back lights intensity adjustable via dial by head light controls. New colour display head unit.
Minor tweaks like chrome surrounds on speed dials as well as on electric window control buttons.

We also have the winter pack - **** I missed that from our Fiesta!

Really really impressed with the 1L Petrol ecoboost engine, quicker than our 1.5 Petrol one.

This is our previous EcoSport: http://www.ecosportownersclub.co.uk/forum/21-gallery/760-here-she.html

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks lovely.
The Ecoboost engine has got to be one of the most surprising things about these cars.
My close where I live has a slightly uphill exit and when it has been raining I have to be very careful not to get any wheel spin!!
My nephew has a 1 litre C0rsa and that does not even come close to the performance of the Ecosport.
It has the same seats as in my Titanium S. I find the arm rest to be too low to be of any use. Do you use it at all?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not gonna look as good once it gets a bit dirty, haha, down side of black cars. It's a metallic black which is nice!
Never used the arm rest on the previous car, and same again.

I did also notice straight away they have moved the hand break to the right in the upgrade! Finally moved it to suit our driver's side. In the original it was closer to the passenger, was really weird.

Also, as we have discussed in another thread, the up hill assistant is new, noticed it in the menu.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not gonna look as good once it gets a bit dirty, haha, down side of black cars. It's a metallic black which is nice!
Never used the arm rest on the previous car, and same again.

I did also notice straight away they have moved the hand break to the right in the upgrade! Finally moved it to suit our driver's side. In the original it was closer to the passenger, was really weird.

Also, as we have discussed in another thread, the up hill assistant is new, noticed it in the menu.

:nerd:

Nice motor, same as ours but it is in grey, the hill start was not available when we ordered the 1.0 motor is going like a train with a bit of torque for such a small capacity.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice, sounds like a big improvement then, would you agree?

Why did you opt for the plain back (no spare) this time?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noticed a couple of other things on the new model.

Doesn't appear to have pressure sensors on the tyres now?

Also noticed it now has an electronic petrol cap - our previous model had the type you had to unscrew. So now it's the same as what we had on the Fiesta Titanium.

The MPG is amazing on it. I have been having to do a 150 mile round trip for work this week and getting an avg of 43 MPG so far, heck of a lot better than what I got on the 1.5 petrol.
As long as I don't get too heavy footed, the MPG is very good! :p

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another notice is the rear parcel shelf.

On the last model it was a retractable cover, now its a solid shelf (removable still)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Nice ES :)

I have hill assist on my red Ecotec Model (base trim), holds for about just over a second, find it that good, I never need to use my handbrake on journeys at all.

I did go for the spare wheel on the back, so could not have a rear camera as the factory fitted one is located just where the spare wheel goes, but going to an aftermarket camera (ebay) for my birthday next month and fit it somewhere on the back, to make reversing easier.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts