Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would drop by and introduce myself and also ask a question :)

I took ownership of my new Ecosport about 14 days ago, I went for the Titanium model but had all the extras apart from the towing bar. The car seems fine apart from one issue i have as even though i had the option for front park sensors the car came from the factory without them. To cut a long story short did anyone else go for the option as the dealer has retrofitted some and they don't seem to communicate with the sync system. My previous Ford (a 2015 Focus Titanium) with a sync 2 would visually indicate when you got a little to close but the retrofitted ones just beep at me and seem like a cheap aftermarket set.

All the cars in showrooms don't seem to have the option installed so i have nothing to go by so was wondering if any of the good folk on here took the option ?

Cheers

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi and welcome, I ain't got any sensors as I bought the base model :D

What you do have to ask yourself, was these sensors in your spec at no extra cost, or were they missed out?

Also did the dealership charge you an extra price for a retrofitted installation, or did you get it for no extra cost, when it was pointed out.

Not knowing the full story, you have two options....
If no extra cost was involved and the sensors work by beeping, and it was not in your spec, then I would just accept that.
If it was in the spec and they fitted a cheaper aftermarket system because it was missed out, then maybe some recompense is due to you.

If the later I personally would not ask for anymore changes, as you never know what mechanics/car staff get up to if harrassed. i have been sabotaged in a garage before, due to argument's (not Ford), so I am careful what I say to dealerships now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The front sensors I paid for in the build price were missed out, after digging around the ford site and manual I see that there should be a visual warning as well . But its not only that as from pictures from the web site show it as a button on the console where they have just wired in a aftermarket button to the casing around the gear knob.

I have also noticed that they have not put the sensors in the factory locations and have drilled extra holes in the front panels.

As they have not provided me with what a standard build should look like I am going to raise it with ford and also contact ford finance as I still haven't made the first payment on the car under the options scheme yet.

Yes I am also a little weary of the garage as god knows how they have run the wires etc.

I will get the post updated....

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hmmm no sorry I would not be happy with that. I would think you are spending a great deal of money on the car if you have gone with a lot of extras. I guess what the dealer has done by fitting these sensors is because what was needed is not available yet as this is such a new model, for sure I would get onto Ford, you asked for these on the speck from the factory and therefore it should work with the screen console. Why do you need a button? on my 2017 spec ES reversing sensors work when you select reverse gear with graphics on the small screen. Does the front sensors show up with a graphic aid on screen? As I say if it was me I would not be happy with this set up. Wish you the very best in sorting this out
Peter

·
Registered
38 Posts
Right OK sorry Have just seen I misread the post and that this is about front sensors, so I now see the need of a button.Still think that this should all work as from the factory, so get onto Ford

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A quick little update as still awaiting yet another call back, have spoken to the Ford and the Dealer and they are trying to resolve this as i have also been told that i can refuse to except the car as it has not been delivered to the desired specs and have given them suitable time to resolve the issue. (this was by someone from Ford) The Car has been in the garage for 3 of those 14 days already

The dealer has been made aware and they have agreed but have asked for 24 hours to see if they can find a solution with Ford. I have said i will not accept anything other than a standard option as that is delivered from Ford. This means removing this sensors, replacing the front panels , fitting the correct sensors in the correct locations, replacing the centre console unit and having the correct button in there.

I know it sounds a little pedantic but i feel i have every right after spending nearly £23,000

·
Registered
888 Posts
Now I know the full story, most car companies would offer you compensation for not putting in the right equipment for the spec.

But as you say, you have the right to refuse the car, as it was not the correct build.
Mind you, you will have a wait till its built.

How long did you wait for the Ecosport you have?

I had to wait 8 weeks, but that was from the India factory to the UK, The UK versions are now built in mainland Europe. So should be less weeks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I order in on Jan 8th 2018 and received it on the 11th April which was also a bit of a sore point as i ordered it in plenty of time as my previous car was due its first MOT / Tax etc on the 18th April. So was about 12 weeks so it will make it interesting.

I will keep you informed what happens today !

·
Registered
888 Posts
12 weeks, that's quite long. and I thought my 8 weeks was long :D

I expect my Ecosport 2016 being standard, except for the spare wheel being a cost option, it did not take long to build, likely took longer to ship by sea.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine has got every factory option on it, apart from the tow bar as got a couple of quotes from different dealers and the local dealer matched the best quote i had which might have made the build time longer.

The latest is that the dealer phoned yesterday and asked me to wait until Monday as they are seeing if its financially viable for them to correct the mistakes , ie new 2 front side panels , new sensors , new console with correct ford buttons etc etc. Otherwise they will order me a new one and then use mine as a car for the sales force / test drives etc for a year and then resell it.

I love the Sync 3 and the wife loves the height of the car and i find it good for driving around town but haven't had chance really to take it for a long drive as of yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a little update on my saga, the dealer and ford have agreed to replace everything that is wrong and have set it to build standards. Depending on the time frame I will go with this on the understanding that I will not sign off the completed work unless I am a 100% happy. At this point I will then get in discussing my compensation !

If anyone could do me a favour that has the front sensors installed could they take of a picture how it warns you on the sync system as I am sure its not just an audible warning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi. I have the front sensors and can confirm that you get a schematic drawing of a car come in the screen and as you get near anything it then shows you with the aid of green lines and an audible beep. If you get closer the beeping gets faster and the lines turn orange then continuos beep and red lines. Hope this helps. I will try and update this with a picture

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi. I have the front sensors and can confirm that you get a schematic drawing of a car come in the screen and as you get near anything it then shows you with the aid of green lines and an audible beep. If you get closer the beeping gets faster and the lines turn orange then continuos beep and red lines. Hope this helps. I will try and update this with a picture
Many Thanks .

Went into the dealership yesterday and chatted with the manager all the parts have been ordered and should be in early next week. They have confirmed it will take a couple of days but will be giving me a car. They said its about £2-3000 to rectify the issues but will wait for everything to be completed to my satisfaction before I say I happy with it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well its nearly a month later and between Ford and the Dealer they have still not sorted the parts out ! Looks like I will be rejecting the car tomorrow as its now a joke as they could have built a new car by now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Amazingly ford sent a donor vehicle to the branch from the production line or one they had in storage. Its the same colour and has the factory fitted sensors in but isn't the same spec as mine so they are going to use the front bumper and all the front sensor parts from the donor vehicle as they say that its another 3 weeks waiting for the actual parts. The car is in the dealership now and apparently they have got the local ford technician swapping the parts over.

They have given my another Ecosport as a courtesy car and say they need mine for 3-4 days so I will wait a see !

If any of you with front sensors could take some pictures of how it interacts with sync and I guess there is an option within driver assistance that needs to be turned on it will be very much appreciated as I want to check everything before I accept the car. Then comes the discussion of compensation !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

i ordered the front sensors with my ST line as a factory option, these came fitted and appear on the screen in the event of a alarm.

regards

1 - 18 of 18 Posts