Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I'm a newbie, I haven't even got the car yet. (T-minus 2 weeks) :

Model : ST Line 125 HP (or as I am buying it in Spain, caballos)

1) Anything I need to know?
2) As it is being used for dog transport, anyone know the best after market rear bumper sill protector (ST line is painted not black plastic, and I'm worried it will get scratched by the dogs)
3) Any after market dog guard to stop them trying to jump the seats (ford can not supply which I thought was odd)
4) Any preventative maintenance I need to do between new and 1st service?
5) How much tighter is the ST suspension than the standard? I wasn't able to test drive the ST at my dealer.
6) Anything else you can think of?

Kind regards

Matt

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. Our dog is a small Yorkie, and refused to go in the boot of any car as he cannot see out, so we just use a dog harness on the back seat belt, and he can look out the window, then he is happy and does not yap and bark :D

I assume Halfords and the like, and on-line internet websites, do a universal dog guard that has expanding legs that would fit the Ecosport, check them out.

You can also get these plastic boot guards, that cover the boot floor area, but also you can hand grab and roll out a hinged section or rolled section over the rear bumper. The Renault Kadjar SUV does that as one of my relatives has one, and is good for loading rubbish while protecting bumper paintwork. i suppose they can be bought on line, ebay amazon, to suit most cars, etc.

Sorry not to be specific, but that should give you some ideas.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I managed to buy a ABS plastic paint protector for the rear bumper on our previous car. It was about £40 and quite honestly a lot of money for what it was. NOW I see on Ebay you can buy simulated carbon fibre type or coloured plastic to affix to the bumper. This s not expensive.

Of course colinJYD's idea re the one that can protect the boot floor and rear bumper is probably the better. In fact we bought one for friends when they got their dog, it was not expensive and again good old Ebay and no doubt Amazon. If you are in Spain no doubt a dog guard OR safety belt should be available on line as Ebay and Amazon are world wide..

As to the suspension, in our case they didn't have a Titanium for road testing only an ST which I did not find particularly harsh.
We are very new to the Ecosport, all I do is check the oil weekly as it is a new engine (level hasn't moved in 1200 miles) top up the washer bottle and I checked the tyre pressures after a couple of months as I am not sure about the Tyre pressure monitoring.
I was a first a little worried about the stop start but I don't even think about it now but perhaps you are used to it already. My Wife and I are quite impressed by the Ecosport and that's two who were very anti Ford. Enjoy the car.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I also was anti-ford for a long time considering my last ford was in the late 80's when I went Japanese for reliability, but fords have well improved from that era :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts