Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find a replacement exhaust system for a 2014 1.5 Petrol Ecosport for the past few days, without any success.
The main tyre and exhaust places either can't get hold of one or in the case of National tyres they tell me it's dealer supply only.
So off to the local ford dealer today who tell me it's going to be £450 and about two weeks before they can do the work.
Anybody know where to obtain one and have it fitted at a reasonable cost?
Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not knowing what part of the UK you live I cannot suggest a name BUT have you tried a Motor Factor? These people supply garages etc and often are a good place for parts.
We have two locally one being Europarts which is I believe UK wide the other I think is Motorworld who might be loclal to the West Country. Failing that go on line and look up exhaust suppliers. Local Garages buy from Factors.

Good luck, I personally have never found National Tyre very helpful, of course there is always Kwik Fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried several motor factors but nobody seems to be able to source one they either don't get back to me or tell me main dealer supply and fit only.
I have even taken to looking on internet auction sites for second hand ones but so far have only be able to find one off a diesel car. The only one for a petrol car was in Lithuania and was for a 1 litre engine and the wife's is a 1.5 litre.
It's booked in a small independent Ford dealer to see if they can do better than the big Ford franchise in town.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can only apologise for duff information. My excuse I have been out of the car spares market for over 2 yrs as I now have a car on contract. It seems the big manufacturers have tied it all up.

Once again sorry

·
Registered
807 Posts
I would advise sticking to original spec of exhaust, or a clone copy specifically for Ecosport, from Kwik fit or smaller exhaust dealer, assuming they do it.

Reason: Back pressure is essential on a car, and the exhaust is designed for that.

I once had an import Honda Delsol Convertible, and it had a different engine to that of the UK version which was a Honda CRX Convertible (same car), and I could not get the original back box exhaust from Honda or anyone when it blew. It was an automatic, and when I tried a similar looking back box from a small dealer fitting exhausts, it had no power to move, due to lack of back pressure. Auto gear changes were horrifically slow, and car was crawling along.

Luckily I knew the dealer owner personally, that's why I went there, and he swapped different exhausts at no extra cost, till we found one that worked after the third attempt, and gave the car enough back pressure to move properly.

Never bought an imported car again, due to these parts problems :(
(nowadays you could buy parts direct from Japan with the internet, but not in those days)

·
Registered
21 Posts
My wife had a stainless steel system fitted to her Ecosport a few months back. Sounds and looks much better than stock and registers lower emissions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been trying to find a replacement exhaust system for a 2014 1.5 Petrol Ecosport for the past few days, without any success.
The main tyre and exhaust places either can't get hold of one or in the case of National tyres they tell me it's dealer supply only.
So off to the local ford dealer today who tell me it's going to be £450 and about two weeks before they can do the work.
Anybody know where to obtain one and have it fitted at a reasonable cost?
Thanks
Hi, Did you ever fit the new exhaust.
Did you buy from Ford or get one made..?

·
Registered
807 Posts
You can find a lot of companies on the internet that do stainless steel exhausts for the Ecosport. Just make sure it is similar backbox to original, or you can get lack of back pressure problems as mentioned above. Also I find stainless steel exhausts can be very rattle-ly and sound louder, and prefer just a steel exhaust, which can be quieter. Mind you some people like noisy exhausts LOL.

Here is one stainless steel example....just google the internet for more companies, and maybe nearer to you...
Ford Ecosport Car Exhaust Systems | RTECSHOP.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts