Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just joined the Ecosport family after a Honda Jazz. We have had it for just over a month and I have to admit to being impressed. My Wife and I decided to go down the Motability route and we have a Titanium Ecosport Automatic. We were both anti Ford but after looking at many vehicles have to admit the Ecosport has convinced us that we have made the right choice. On picking the car up the mpg was 30 which was a bit concerning but after some 500 miles it now up to around 37mpg. Personally I feel the car is well finished and certainly comfortable but was a little concerned about the 1 litre engine. I need not have worried as I am surprised how willing it is. Visitors next week will be interesting as the Husband is a Hyundai fanatic.
I have read many posts and must admit to be impressed by the content. I hope any posts I put up are useful to others.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Welcome to the forum Freddy :D

Facts on the 1.0.....

Hi, most 1.0 three cylinder Petrol owners get around 37 to 39 MPG. So 37 MPG is good.
Government figures are 53 MPG for the 1.0, but you will never get that. (see link below).
Climate control A/C seems to eat 2 MPG off the car.
Wind conditions will drop MPG due to being an SUV shape.

My own Ecosport which is a 1.5 Ecotec Petrol (a 2016 model, you can no longer get this engine) returns 34 MPG.
Not bad for a bigger engine.

Have a read about MPG here, which shows up the discrepancy between Government official figures (bench mark/lab tested) against 'real life' driving conditions, as there is quite a difference. ....
http://www.ecosportownersclub.co.uk/forum/19-main-message-centre/3730-ecosport-mpg.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts