Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very pleased with our 2016 EcoSport which we have had for almost 1 year now. Purchased as a nearly new vehicle with just 3000 miles on it. It's a 1.5 diesel with the 5 speed box....what do other owners experience in mpg please.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Petrol wise, we get around 46 MPG for the 1.0 though many have said they get less, depending on foot to the floor and using A/C, worst case stated 36 MPG, and I around 36 MPG myself for the 1.5 petrol (my version).
Note: Climate control A/C seems to drop about 2mpg if running

As for diesel, well there has not been many owners on here with the diesel engine, as most owners go for the 1.0 three cylinder petrol engine. (my 1.5 petrol engine is now discontinued)

But going by google gives this diesel engine result...

But these are laboratory ideal conditions, and not real road condtions, as we have talked about this many times on the forum, and can allow, say another 9 MPG off for shape and weight for an SUV.

So that would give you around 58 MPG for 1.5 diesel, which is better than petrol (as expected). 56 MPG with A/C on. So what are you getting yourself?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are averaging 51/52 and much of this driving is short local runs so it's probably quite reasonable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts