Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I live in Johannesburg South Africa and have just joined the Club. After muchdeliberation, test drives on all the models and research on the internet, I have placedan order for a Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium in Moondust Silver. and now can't wait. Icurrentlydrive a Suzuki SX4 2.0 litre, so am hoping the 1.5 is not too flat. Ibelievetheavailabletorqueispretty evenly spread on thedieselversion, as istheeconomy. I am not perturbed about top speed as at my age Ishouldbedown in any event
I have been given a delivery date of first or second week in January 2015, which suits me as we are going away on summerholidayfor most of December and hopefully get back to a new car
. The question: Do I or don't I get asparewheel cover?

·
Registered
56 Posts
HiI have the 1.5 TDCi and so far have found it to be both economical, smooth and responsive. It gets to motorway speeds very quickly, and the acceleration initially took me by surprise. So no complaints about performance here. In fact it seems to have more 'grunt' than the 1.4 BMax I traded it in for . As far as the spare wheel cover goes I suppose it will depend on how dirty the wheel will get if left exposed. I confess I like both setups with or without. I do have the cover and have not tried to remove it yet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi,
I have the exact model, engine and colour, which I collected on the 1st October 2014- so six weeks old- extremely happy with economy ( avg 55.4 mpg) only filled it up twice!, torque is adequate,smooth,and responsive- after a lot of study, weighing up the pros and cons,I personally think the tdci is the engine model to have.One thing for sure the handling and steering is more true and precise because the diesel unit is approx 40kg heavy than the three pot ecoboost variant.A Wise choice!.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI
Thanks for the responses. It certainly has put my mind at rest. I know whenever I buy a new car. I go through a patch of doubt just after making the commitment where I wonder if I have made a mistake. I guess it always comes down to your budget limit, what kind of vehicle you are looking for, doing the best research possible, etc. But having never owned a diesel car before, I must admit that was worrying me a bit. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Ordered a 1.5 TDCI Titanium X in Moondust Silver 15/11/14, I was told it would probably be delivered in 4 weeks. I was shocked when I was told it was with the dealer on Thursday and that it should be ready this week or weekend. Really looking forward to the drive home.

Is anyone considering fitting winter tyres?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think all the Eco sports come with all season tyres I have Dunlop assurance fitted on mine so no need to fit winter tyres

·
Registered
503 Posts
Andrew1972 said:
Hi

Ordered a 1.5 TDCI Titanium X in Moondust Silver 15/11/14, I was told it would probably be delivered in 4 weeks. I was shocked when I was told it was with the dealer on Thursday and that it should be ready this week or weekend. Really looking forward to the drive home.

Is anyone considering fitting winter tyres?
Hi Andew, welcome to the forums.
I guess you have collected your Ecosport now? How is it? Any pictures to share?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts