Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - been a Fiesta driver for a good few years now and have recently moved to Ecosport 1.0 Titanium. Can someone tell me what colours mean on park assist reversing sensor? I had a very brief introduction to this device at the dealership but am too embarrassed to go back and ask!:D I have a normal sized garage but the transition from the low Fiesta to what feels like a huge vehicle is a bit scary. Thanks!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Welcome! We also came from a fiesta to an ES, on our second ES now.

Red means danger :p

Closest you are really.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - thanks for that, haven't seen the red yet so must be ok!!! Guessed it might be traffic light colours but got a bit worried by seeing yellow really close to the rear and a green simultaneously! I'm thinking that means I'm slightly closer to the side of the garage when it is yellow and ok on the other side when it is showing green. Doh! Now you can see why I was too embarrassed to go back to the garage!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi - thanks for that, haven't seen the red yet so must be ok!!! Guessed it might be traffic light colours but got a bit worried by seeing yellow really close to the rear and a green simultaneously! I'm thinking that means I'm slightly closer to the side of the garage when it is yellow and ok on the other side when it is showing green. Doh! Now you can see why I was too embarrassed to go back to the garage!
Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Really, all images should change as you get closer

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome along,

Green is it can detect something but you're ok to keep going. Amber means you're getting close, red generally means stop!

You can sometimes see two colours if you're just on the border between the two or if you're close to something on more than one sensor. Great system and you won't be without it next time around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts