Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just bought a 2019 Ecosport Titanium Automatic. First new car I've ever had and it's a brilliant car! Having driven manuals, I'll never buy anything other than an automatic now! Only thing I'm not so keen on is the boot door, however that's my only niggle and doesn't stop it being a superb motor. Sport mode don't half give it some oomf when overtaking. Having driven my girlfriend's Hyundai i10 "go" for a few months and having hardly any get up and go, it's a massive transformation. The turbocharger makes such a difference!

One question, me and a friend were trying to hardwire a nextbase dashcam in yesterday. Every socket on the fusebox we tried was permanently live. Any suggestions of one that powers off with the ignition?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Can't help with the dash cam BUT welcome to the Auto followers. When it's loosened up a bit the sport mode is quite impressive. Shame about the fuel consumption but you can't have everything. One thing I have noticed with Four adults it does knock the edge of the acceleration a bit. Yes, the back door is a pain however the car in other ways is a little cracker.
May you enjoy it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :D

On my 2016 Ecosport the 12V socket is only on when the car is running. I use it to pump up my tyres with a 12V air compressor and have to put ignition on, or engine on, to run it.

Maybe you can take the supply from that 12V socket 20A, either temporary through a 12V plug that goes into the 12V socket, or preferably wire in behind the socket, tee off the 12V supply using scotch connectors, and putting in an in-line fuse. (use the fuse rating for the dashcam, usually 6A, it will tell you fusing on the dashcam manufacturer's details)

NOTE: I am assuming that the 12V socket for the newer facelift Ecosports are also only on when the car is running.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Just another note about dashcam suppy.

It is always better to tell your dealership when in for a service that the supply for the dash cam is only on when engine is running, as mechanics do not like a dashcam running 24/7, in case they are caught napping or caught doing something wrong >:)

On some other car forums I have seen some owners complaining that their dash cam wiring had been disconnected after a service and not reconnected, as mechanics do not want to be recorded.

Who knows what mechanics are up to :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts