Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had all models of the Focus and now getting older i decided to move over to a new Ecosport ST Line for ease of getting in and out. Got it in March 2019 and so far so good apart from having to take it back to the dealer for them to download an update despite the car having wifi!
Another issue I have is with the Ford Pass app, which currently tells me that the vehicle location is disabled despite the new download, the dealer people know little about the app, so does anyone have any idea how to turn on the vehicle location part of the app ?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome and hopefully someone else with the newer shaped Ecosport will help you be connected.

Can't help you as I have an older 2016 model with no sat nav, no GPS, no connectivity to internet, no remote control links via smart phone app, and am glad of that, as do not want big brother knowing where I am, ever ;)

RANT ON MODE.....
In fact if i do buy the newer shaped Ecosport at a later date, I will rip out the GPS antenna, so no-one knows where I am :D

I just cannot see any advantage in emergency services being automatically dialed and sent to your location, when on the roads of the UK you are always within a few minutes from the next car spotting you and then they or you can call 999 sevices on their/your mobile phone.

In Scotland where i live, in the last 20 years there has only been one instant of a person bleeding out and dying in a car due to not being seen after a crash until two days later (went over an embankment and car was hidden), so it is very rare. Hence GPS automatic emergency services is just big brother to me, which i detest as it encroatches on my privacy. RANT OVER, he he >:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Colin,
As a retired Firefighter I do not share your view regarding Emergency contact from the vehicle and believe it can be a good thing, the M61 is a busy motorway like most these days and our turnout area covered part of it and I also lived in the area, a police Motorway patrol spotted faint tyre tracks in a grass embankment at the side of the M61 around 6 am one morning and decided to check it out, about six feet down in a ditch was a car which contained one male Adult who was sadly deceased, it turned out he had been there over 24 hours unseen from the Motorway due to the nature of the terrain, in this situation with Emergency notification the man well well have survived. But I get your point.
The car so far has been fine though still questioning myself as to whether I should have gone for the Focus!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Dont worry about me as I am a retired old fogey that does not like new fangled tech that can go wrong, hence my reason for buying the base Ecotec model, with the least amount of gadgets. And will buy the base model of the new shaped Ecosport eventually.

Years ago I always asked a salesman what extras does it have, but now i ask that I do not want those extras LOL.

As for the Ecosport, I think that you will really like the car, as its selling point is the high up seating position, but not too massive an SUV. I would buy another when my cash flow is better, though it would be an ecotec trim version again, with no extras :D

Someone should answer you question soon that has your model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts