Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Eco sport last Thursday. wasn't sure about a diesel as I have only driven petrol. but was surprised that the drive is ok. the difference in fuel economy was a nice surprise. also the ride was ok with four adults and dog cage in back. I will miss some of the cubby holes my focus had, but like the door pocket size on Eco sport . having the x pack was nice, but I am thinking of getting the winter pack retro fitted. have ordered mud flaps to keep some of the dirt levels down. just looking at roof bars now, why do all the sets contain two bars when there are three fitting points on side rails.
I have looked at some of the chrome detailing other half not sure.

so nice to join the club of ecosport

·
Registered
289 Posts
Welcome!

Will be interesting to know how much it costs for the winterpack after delivery.

Have you got the updated model?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hya well two weeks with my new Eco sport cannot fault it still smiling seats hold/hug You ,heated seats are brilliant love the LEDs I'm glad of the bad reports keeps prices down fantastic little car post photos soon

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah I'm the same, the poor reviews seem to have affected prices and means there are lots of deals to be had. But those in the know (i.e US and not the REVIEWERS) know the Ecosport is quite a decent little car for the money.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had it for a few weeks now and I am enjoying it.also had a couple of long drives of 3 1/2 hours no twinges or aches, the cruise control is easy to use. The fuel economy isn't to bad after having a petrol focus. Just got to get used to driving a diesel. Had a full car four people dog in cage and all our junk for a long weekend. The only thing that let's it down is a frame pillars are a big blind spot,so will need to just get uses to them. Whilst driving I don't realise that I am not speeding but going slower even though it doesn't feel like I am going slower.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I find it strange that most report compare it to a fiesta, ok it shares some bits but it defiantly is not a fiesta so I can not see how it can be compared with it,I've even seen one motoring review that compared it to fiesta st which to be fair it nothing like I know as have had fiesta st, it needs to be reviewed against other small suv see how it stands up then,personally I think ecosport is great 🙂

·
Registered
34 Posts
In answer to your roof bar question if you want to store them on vehicle you can fit them close together it is apparently more aero dynamic ?? for fuel economy and then spread them out when you need to put load on got them on mine which you can see in my garage pictures,also one rail fits at back only as it is not as wide as front to fitting

·
Registered
10 Posts
A recent article in Auto Express said the roof bars made little different to MPG. Although they might make it a bit noisier.

Getting rid of add-ons when they’re not needed is standard advice if you’re looking to boost your mpg. Why? Because every car is designed to have a low drag, and a roofbox will spoil that. Wrong! Our test with a Thule product showed that even when filled with 72kg of ballast, close to the maximum load limit of 75kg, it only took 0.2mpg off the baseline.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts