Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one I see you are in the UK I live in Plymouth Minnesota USA. I am delighted to join and am looking forward to an enjoyable experience. Have owned many Fords over the years my first was a new 1976 Mercury Bobcat and my latest New Ford is a 2020 Escape purchased February of this year. I just recently picked up the Ecosport last week used. I love small cars but need AWD in Minnesota in the winter. Had purchased a Fiat 500, loved it but no good in the snow. I had a 2018 Escape, loved it but for my daily driver wanted the cute and small Ecosport with AWD. Love the way it drives, hope it is reliable. At 6’4” tall I am surprised at the amount of leg and head room. Can anyone tell me why the buff magazines are so hard on it, the owners seem to to give it high marks.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hi, you will likely have the big 2.0 engine available in the states only. We used to get the Indian 1.5 petrol engine here in the UK, I had that on a pre-facelift Ecosport in 2016 made in India, but now we are down to the 1.0 petrol engine on the facelift models late 2017 onwards, made in central Europe. I have a 1.0 facelift 2019 now.

We dont mind about the car magazines saying how bad the car is, its our best kept secret, as its so good. I think they do not like medium sized SUVs, and consider an SUV should be massive. It is priced well here in the UK, and good value as an SUV, though the one thing we all complain about is the big blind spots on the A pillar around the small triangular windows, which are next to useless, and was carried on in the design when the facelift model arrived. We have to get used to 'seeing around' those pillars at junctions, ending up with a sore neck LOL. Other than that its a comfortable car and not that many problems. Though the new ones can have software issues, typical modern cars full of electronics :D

PS..only two owners on here have bought the AWD version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here in Minnesota you need the AWD to make it thru the winters. I am very very happy with the ride, drive and pleasing mechanical noises the car makes while driving. I really like hearing the engine and transmission doing their thing. Very happy with The ride and extra room in the garage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts