Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I am waiting to take delivery of my Ecopsort Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost on the 1st March with a 2106 plate and I am very excited.

I fell in love when I went to a ford showroom never having seen one before. However, I am a little nervous after reading reviews although I can see there have been lots of improvements in 2015.

Would anybody my sharing their loves and equally niggles they have with their Ecosports.

Many thanks in advance

:)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Your getting the 2106 plate???? :p j/k

I have the previous version and despite the bad reviews, I haven't a bad thing to say about it really, only niggles were the lack of love it received from ford - even the new model has this problem. Titanium model doesn't feel titanium compared to my previous fiesta titanium, lack of heating windscreen - not really solved with new version as you have to have it as a winter pack... I mean, really ford????
Little things like that which ford messed up on.

Despite that I love the car! Personally love the rear mounted wheel, gives it a certain character, and the fact you get a full alloy spare wheel.
Defo the best looking compact SUV on the road imo (biased haha).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Maleko

Many thanks for your reply it is so good to hear that from someone who owns one. Ha ha yes sorry not sure what happened with my typing then I meant 2016 plate!!!!

Yes I have gone with the winter pack, but as you say I thought some of the features would of come standard rather than purchasing on top. I also wanted a Sat Nav but that is still not available unfortunately so will have to carry on using my one to stick on the windscreen.

I agree I think look wise it wins hands down compared to the competition. I have gone with Kinetic blue and privacy glass and added rear sensors as well as the winter pack.

Thanks again I am even more excited

·
Registered
289 Posts
By the way, kinetic blue also wins hands down!! haha

We had the rear sensors, does help with the added wheel on the back! I missed the option for privacy glass, so yours will look very smart with that!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the Kinetic Blue it really grabbed my attention at the showroom.

I haven't gone for the wheel on the back, but now worried about not having a spare wheel. Not sure how the kit you get with it even works!!

:eek:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Love the Kinetic Blue it really grabbed my attention at the showroom.

I haven't gone for the wheel on the back, but now worried about not having a spare wheel. Not sure how the kit you get with it even works!!

:eek:
I like the spare wheel as had a bad experience with a flat tyre before, the repair kit they give you is pointless, even the guy who towed us home before said how crap they are.

It's not very often you get a flat, only happened to me twice in 12 years of driving. I just like to be prepared, especially when you have a baby on board, quick swap of tyre instead of potential hour wait for a tow truck....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what is worrying me as I have a 5 year old, and I also do a lot of driving the country for work so do not fancy being stuck in the arse end of nowhere!!!

Has your spare wheel got the cover over it or not?

Also i love your picture of the front lights, it looks so mean and menacing

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah it has the cover on, but like to remove the cover in the summer :p

Love the side lights, but those should have been the daylight running lights and not dipped fog lamps. Ah well!

·
Registered
40 Posts
:)Hi Everyone!

Have to disagree with you, smoke grey is the best colour in my (correct) opinion haha. I have nothing bad to say about my 65 plate 1.0L Zetec ES, I love driving it, think it handles really well. I have rear sensors, privacy glass, roof rails as extras, no spare wheel, I think it looks a lot better without. If I get a flat I will just ring the AA anyway ha!
I agree about the side lights should have been the day running lights, in fact I thought they were when I ordered, it would have looked fierce on the road then. However, have done 5200 miles now since October, and it has been pleasure all the way. Hope you enjoy yours as much!

·
Registered
40 Posts
P.S Did hear some people were buying a spare wheel and carrying it in the boot...... obviously not ideal if you need the boot space, but if peace of mind of having one is important, it could be an option? Just a thought!

·
Registered
289 Posts
P.S Did hear some people were buying a spare wheel and carrying it in the boot...... obviously not ideal if you need the boot space, but if peace of mind of having one is important, it could be an option? Just a thought!
I haven't actually looked properly in the boot, but wonder if there is space for one under the mat? Cause they sometimes just fill that space for a spare with polystyrene, they did in the Fiesta, and that was where the puncture repair kit was.
Again, haven't looked properly and it may just be flat steel...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for letting me know how much you love your Ecosport even if you have gone for the smoke grey over the kinetic blue, lol.

funny enough I did wonder about buying a spare wheel and carrying it around, but as you say I will always have breakdown cover and would call them over changing a wheel anyway!!

3 weeks to go I am getting really excited now

·
Registered
10 Posts
It also depends on how skilled you are. Changing a tyre, using only the tools provided at the side of a busy road, even in the best conditions never mind nighttime etc. is not easy or safe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts