Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
New to the owners club having picked up my 2nd hand Ecosport last week.

Look forward to joining in the chat.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum. Buying secondhand is the quick way to get the car, I am still waiting on my new car order, but should be here in a few weeks I have been told.

I really liked the Ecosport, reasonably priced as my exisiting car is a Qashqui which I am trading in, and it starts at £3k dearer for a new one, compared to the Ecosport, so that was the end of buying another quasqui.

On my test drive of the ecosport I found the small glass window in the A frame a bit next to useless, and will take a bit of getting used to as it forms a large blind spot trying to look around the A frame pillar. But hey ho, I am looking forward to my new Ecosport.

Tell us how you feel about driving your Ecosport when you have had it a few weeks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome 568. What colour is your ES?

Sorry to hear you are still waiting Colin, :( ....and that A pillar really does not take long to get used to. ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I also found the a pillars big to start with but don't notice them now. But a year on I still like the feel of the car , it's been off road down a stream for a swim, used for tip runs loaded up to the gunnels and feels at home in town or a long drive.

·
Registered
838 Posts
My Ecosport has now arrived in the UK port, must have been a real slow boat from India :D

Should get it early next week according to dealer, once it has been through inspection. Its been a long wait (of 9 weeks).

Getting the transfer of my private number plate sorted this week, as I don't fancy a 66 (6) number plate :eek:

·
Registered
84 Posts
My Ecosport has now arrived in the UK port, must have been a real slow boat from India :D

Should get it early next week according to dealer, once it has been through inspection. Its been a long wait (of 9 weeks).

Getting the transfer of my private number plate sorted this week, as I don't fancy a 66 (6) number plate :eek:
Good news - I bet you are looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, we went 2nd hand because of the price more than anything. As much as the salesman tried to push us into a PCP deal I still felt we were paying more than we wanted to and wouldn't own the car at the end.

Its got the boot mounted spare wheel, I don't mind it. If I were to order new I wouldn't pick it though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The wheel on the back means at least you have a full spare, on a true off roader you need that as more chance for punchers, on a road only car you can take the chance with a can of gunge.

I hope they introduce a awd version in the UK and Europe with some under body protection making it more usable on tracks and rough roads as Fiat did with the Panda you see a lot of them in rural areas there must be a market for a small awd , worth having a full size spare on the back then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts