Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. I picked up my ecosport 4 days ago 2019 1.5 diesel. love the car. I traded in my jeep renegade I don't miss that. I'm thinking of putting side steps on . has anyone done it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hi Zippy and welcome to the forum (used to love 'Rainbow', watching with the kids, many years ago) :D

A diesel owner, interesting. Most of us with Ecosport's nowadays go for the 1.0 petrol, including myself, just to avoid the stringent EU6 emissions. Just make sure you do a few manual burn cycles a week by driving fast for a while on an 'A' road, or motorway to burn off soot, so the DPF filter does not get clogged. There is automatic burn cycles as well on the diesel engine, but do not just rely on them. At least you will get more MPG than us petrol owners.

SIDE STEPS....
I have checked search on the forum, and no-one has mentioned side steps but they are available on Ebay as an aftermarket kit, just go to Ebay and search 'Ecosport side steps', there are many different styles. Prices around £130. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, great thanks I have ordered them and some roof rails, I did look at ford for the side steps but too much. thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Roof rails-
Do you need the roof bars for the roof rails?
If so has anyone seen black roof bars as I’m trying to stay away from the silver.
Thanks,
G.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts