Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed the 'survey' received from a German firm on behalf of Fords. One section asked about problems/ criticisms etc. I mentioned TWO one was the air con. It appears to be far too vicious, I have an injury that affects my left elbow and no matter how I adjust the nozzle it still blows freezing cold air straight onto it. We even put the temperature up to 22 degs but to no avail still an artic blast. Sorry to make the comparison but our Honda put it on Climate Control and all was good.. Perhaps in the winter with a jacket on it will not be a bother but in the temperatures recently experienced a jacket is out of the question..
The other and it has been mentioned on the forum, the parcel shelf, clever idea but lethal to the old f**t brigade of which I am, lift it up, load the boot. Shut door get into car start and then b***er it I forgotten to put the shelf down.
Surely some boffin at Ford can deal with this. Still think the car is the bees knees. More especially after being a passenger in a Hyundai I20. What a difference?

However this is a plea for help. We have always had a second mirror in the car for the benefit of who ever is the passenger. Can I find a suction one to fit? NO due to the slope of the screen none will adjust to compensate for the slope, any driving instructors out there with an Ecosport driving school car?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Air vent...I do not have the new shaped version like yourself, so do not know the dash layout, but surly you can turn off an air vent, or angle it away from your left elbow?

Parcel shelf... well it is a good idea , though it can be easily forgotten about and left up, and you have to get back out the car and go put it down, its all part of the fun (I do not see a solution to that)

It reminds me of my previous Smart roadster, which had a row of buttons on the dash all identical, and one in particular opened the boot lid remotely if car was stationary, so when you went to hit the rear window demist button at the lights, you would inevitably open the boot lid, and it was embarrassing having to get out the car at the lights and close the boot lid, much to the amusement of the driver behind me :D

Second mirror....Is this just to inspect passengers face?, as you can buy stick-on rectangular mirrors that would go on passengers sun visor.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We tried all positions but it still blasted onto my elbow. Even on lowest speed setting. No doubt it will get sorted if I study the book for hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As to the shelf, it is a clever piece of 'engineering' and very useful. I too have no idea if anything can be do to help the old f**t brigade but if you cross all the excellent boxes nobody takes any notice. Put a few 'unhappies' and they sometimes read the whole survey. Of course, no doubt the computer that reads it will ignore all.

No the second mirror is not a vanity thing. The Titanium has mirrors in both sun visors each with a light. It stems back to the seventies and my police driver training. All the vehicles in my force had two mirrors, one for the driver and one for the observer. It is something that has stuck. I certainly prefer to be able to look behind as well as forward, when I am a passenger. I suppose it's habit.

·
Registered
853 Posts
No doubt you will be pressing the phantom brake pedal as well, while in the passenger seat >:)

(sucker fixing to windscreen, gimbled rear view mirror, good luck on finding one, Ebay?)

As for vent, just block it off with an inserted piece of plastic, assuming that there is no 'close off' position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts