Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we have had speed cameras for a long time, but this is not a joke, now noise cameras are being tested here in the UK.

If a car or a motorbike is making an excessive noise above the legal limit, a picture highlighting the vehicle will be taken and you will get a fine through the post, and I assume told to sort it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48564995

·
Registered
278 Posts
Providing the powers that be, accept a manufacturers silencer as OK I feel it is about time. Given the noise some vehicles make.
Here comes a groan.
In 1957, yes 1957, I had a very powerful James 150cc M/C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Top speed 45mph downhill. It had a manufacturers silencer on it. I was travelling along Sidcup High street when Plod stepped out and told me I was going to be reported for excessive noise. £2 fine no endorsements. That was half a weeks wage gone. Subsequent investigation proved the M/C was a prototype with a frame number of X5 and should not have been sold onto the public market. The exhaust was not what was fitted to production models.
Moving on to the 21st century, being an old man I find all these special silencers fitted to M/C/s and Cars far too noisy and I am deaf. It is long overdue something was done about it. It used to be, if a cane could be pushed down an exhaust on a M/C then it was an offence.

We live in an age where everyone is on top of everyone and noise is a particular cause of distress.

Sorry to be an old grump but bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts