Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with my first ES, we firstly got side swiped by a caravan who drove off, then got rear ended my someone who didn't see me stop, and two months ago I didn't see a give way junction and hit a car straight on...
luckily no injuries, so everyone was ok.
Amazingly my air bag didn't go off.

The junction was so poorly signed, I even did some research and found that it had been reported on a website a month earlier...
https://www.fixmystreet.com/report/959243

My picture also shows how bad the road markings were.
Not defending myself, I guess I should have been more alert to the road system.

Anyway, been two months without my car now as the repairing garage has the Turbo pipe on back order for 8 weeks! (4 weeks left still).
Also, I went to change the courtesy car the other week and saw my ES, pretty much all done, but what was weird is that it looks like they have either replaced or re-painted the drivers door.... yet no damage was done to that!

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
That certainly is bad luck. I know people who would say the car is jinxed and and want to sell it.
You may find that the drivers door might of had some damage that wasn't immediately evident, or was just painted to help blend in the new paint had this on a car myself had to have bumper and bonnet replaced but ended up with both sides repainted as well.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sorry to hear your plight.

As long as you are ok, a car does not matter, it can be fixed or replaced.
The only unfortunate thing is the downtime and inconvience for repair work.

As for a jinxed car, I never used to think like that till I had an old banger while I was waiting for a long delivery new car. It was a Mazda 323 and was a yucky bronzy brown colour that was pure INVISIBLE to others.

I should have noticed when I bught this car that it had been resprayed in many areas, but as it was cheap and cheerful so I bought it.

I got hit three times in the six months I owned it, and they all said we never saw you. Twice i got hit when unoccupied in a carpark, and once by a guy reversed into me and gave me £40 for DIY repairs, he he. Also nearly had a fourth hit in another carpark when a woman nearly hit me but I kept pumping my horn, till she stopped just in time, and again her answer was, I never saw you.

I was glad to get rid of this car, it was many shades of bronze by the time I handed it in due to my DIY filler and paint, and have never bough a bronze/brown car ever again.

Found an identical car by googling, same horrible and very dangerous colour :eek:

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's good to hear, as for the painting of the door I agree it's to blend it all in. It's the correct way of doing it so that the new paint doesn't stick out like a sore thumb!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts