Ford Ecosport Forum banner

Odd electrical problem - certain tspecific things not working

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  sanky.tester 
#1 ·
Hello all,
Today an odd problem occurred on my Ecosport (1.0L, 2016). A certain very specific subset of features stopped working, whilst the car was parked. (They were OK when I parked.)
I can't find a specific fuse that relates to these features so I have visually checked all the fuses in the engine bay and behind the glove box, all look OK. (Next step to do a proper continuity test maybe).

The specific things that have stopped working are:

Indicators incl hazards
Dashboard illumination & interior lights
Fog lights
Main beam headlights
Central locking/unlocking (with fob or button on dash)
Stereo (including audio + the main display/control unit)
Wipers auto-return to park position (but the wipers themselves will go)

Everything else works as it should. (everything engine-related, heating, air con, dip beam, brakes, power sockets)

Has anyone had such an odd set of failures occur, and what could be the cause? Thanks in anticipation for any suggestions.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
OK, maybe a silly follow up question, but do you happen to know how to get the red plastic cover off the battery fuse box, please? I've pulled it quite hard in various directions but don't want to break it!
Thanks

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks Colin. There's no way that red cover is coming off, it's very firmly clipped to a solid bit of metal that looks like it would need a lot of unbolting to remove. Anyway, none of the fuses identified in the manual for that box appear to be for the constant supply.
I have continuity tested every single fuse and made sure they all have 12v present when the engine is running. I've established that the radio system does in fact work, it's just that none of the buttons are illuminated. It goes off immediately when the engine is stopped (no constant 12v), but what is odd is that the 12v accessory sockets do retain their power after the engine is stopped.
I've also discovered that dipped beam headlights are on all the time, regardless of switch position. Strange.

If only the indicators were working I'd be happy to tinker and solve the rest of it slow-time, but I can't really drive it without indicators. I'm beginning to think I may have to speak to an auto electrician to take this any further!
Thanks for your support. Andy.