Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought 2019 model 11 months ago, had 5000 miles on when bought, now done 12000, there is a message on display saying oil change remunder, but surprised after 7000 miles. Is this right? Rang a Ford main dealer who said car was on a recall then changed their mind and said it wasn’t , can anyone clarify please

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Oil and filter change is done at yearly interval service. (every year or 12,500 miles max)
Note Ford recommend if you reach 8,000 to 10,000 miles , then its time to change the oil, but you can go on to 12,500 max.

The reminder is just telling you that a service is due every year, irrespective of mileage done if under 12,500. Are you due a next service, going by your warranty plan from date of first owner purchase?

You can reset the oil change reminder/service interval, if you are not due a service, see video for instructions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oil and filter change is done at yearly interval service. (every year or 12,500 miles max)
Note Ford recommend if you reach 8,000 to 10,000 miles , then its time to change the oil, but you can go on to 12,500 max.

The reminder is just telling you that a service is due every year, irrespective of mileage done if under 12,500. Are you due a next service, going by your warranty plan from date of first owner purchase?

You can reset the oil change reminder/service interval, if you are not due a service, see video for instructions.

Thanks Colin, saved the day!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I looked at the service schedule and it says that service is due every 2 years, have I got that right?
I would be looking to perhaps changing it every year maybe but my mileage is only about 7000 p.a. so not sure what to do, any advice please.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.