Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Those of you who have had over revving issue solved, was it just a case of the garage updating the software? Could you tell me how long it took, please?

Going to have to contact Ford re this one as garage most unhelpful! So pleased to read other owners have had this problem, Just hoping it is something I can wait to be done. All garages are too far away to be worth going home and hate having to just kill time.

Mentioned it on recall visit, but told I would have to pay around a hundred pounds for an update! Car only 9 months old.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi EcoGirl
re the revving it has taken us 14 months to get the issue resolved,the dealership we bought the car from kept saying its a "design feature" and no further updates found,well it turned out to be poppy ****,they were rude and not very helpful atall.When I contacted Ford uk re sensor valve I was asked to take it to another dealer which I did,i mentioned the revving to them and they said there was a software update which was done at NO COST TO MEand it has stopped revving....
I would demand the update and if they still say they want to charge you,take it further and speak to ford uk,my initial contact with them was via facebook and I was contacted the same day,all issues resolved so am now happy,i was even given a voucher to spend as an apology for all the inconvenience caused which I have spent on scuff boards....hope this helps in some way and look forward to hearing your problem has been dealt with.
ps it was in the garage for a day....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I will keep you posted! Will try and chivvy Ford and get it sorted at first device.......until then, I guess I will alarmingly rev out of my drive like my old Dad used to!!
The joys of modern motoring,eh? :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
revs

Thanks for that. I will keep you posted! Will try and chivvy Ford and get it sorted at first device.......until then, I guess I will alarmingly rev out of my drive like my old Dad used to!!
The joys of modern motoring,eh? :)
With regards to the revving the update has sorted it,so not entirely sure of the cause,however I have always been told its a design feature.....I will try and explain and then maybe you can all try it lol
our car is a manual (don't know if revving occurs with autos) I pull up outside my house to reverse on the drive,right foot is on the brake,left on clutch,put it in reverse,lift clutch slowly,lift right foot off brake but leave it there DO NOT touch the accelerator pedal. the "design feature" gives the car the momentum to move without stalling,this is when our car would rev very highly,i can still do this but yay without the revving...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a good explanation. I can see how the 'design feature' kicks in, now. Will get it checked out at first service, but it seems better the more I am expecting it and getting used to it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts