Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Photobucket the photo sharing website which has been free on for 14 years, if you accept advertisements, which I did.

Now they have held everyone to ransom. If you want to embed a photo on say a car website, like i was doing on here, they want, wait for it £310 a year :eek:

Anyway the result is that I and millions of others have closed their album of photos, and websites like this have just a blank square saying photobucket instead of a photo now,

I had to spend 3 hours getting my old photos copied back off Photobucket. Grrrh!

Bye Bye photobucket :D

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now joined www Imgur com, which is free and easy to embed photos on other websites like this one :D

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct, it is bad enough having to pay for your internet service provider per month, without a slow creeping towards payment per website, which would put the internet outside the reach of the masses.

Hence my reason for packing in Photobucket to register my disgust with them, and move onto another free website.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Its the way they've done it which is what the problem is, overnight suddenly blocking all access to pictures. You can upload directly to this site though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just directly uploaded to this site. For personal image storage I use Google Drive and the Google Photos app which can back everything up for you.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just directly uploaded to this site. For personal image storage I use Google Drive and the Google Photos app which can back everything up for you.
Yeah that's exactly what I do too using my iPhone. Works great.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah not had any problems with it so far, like some of the edits and videos they automatically create too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts