Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I pickup my new ES on Friday and just a tad excited. Even after reading the rather damning reviews... I love the look and feel of the ES. I have had 3 fiestas over the last 7 years but decided due to ever growing puddles here on the edge of the Lake District a little more height on the air intake might help with everyday miles (I drive more than average a year!) I've gone with the kenetic blue 1lt ecosport titanium with winter pack (couldn't do without heated windscreen and mirrors up here in the North). First ride out is to Glasgow.... Will let you know how the ride goes.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Glad you like it, and defo worth getting the winter pack, will be having that if we have another one in a couple years.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look forward to hearing about your first ride as you have gone for the exact same as me. I am not picking up until the 1st March which feels like forever away!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome Ginjr, drove her in doors (owww) sorry dear, car a few times since we picked it up a few weeks ago and it has been spot on, sure you will enjoy the seating position great to see over the walls on them Lakeland lanes. The ride is a bit more bouncy than Fiesta, short wheel base high ride height but you get use to it.

Agree regards them flooded roads and confidence in getting home, if you live up north you understand. Drove from Bradford overland to Richmond Tuesday night roads like lakes, sting in the tail was a burst river Ure and a foot of water to get through before the motorway.

Best part of the Winter pack is the heated seats there great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Thank you for the welcomes.
Well we (me, the ES and 4 passengers) are home in Cumbria. The ES is lovely to drive and have done 400 miles since pickup on Friday. I have to admit I feel like I have grown up over the weekend and lost the girl racer edge of driving a fiesta, that's not saying the ES isn't fun to drive just different in a good way.
The ES handles well round local corners, over potholes and up and down the M6/M74 with ease, even Lanarkshire snow didn't bother us.
Def not getting the 'ford mpg' but never expected to....I'm heavy on the pedals so only getting 37mpg average atm.
Passengers were comfy and said seats were lovely in back, reclined or not.
Personally loving the cruise control, heated seats, bigger wheels and other extras included with the Titanium and winter pack. Def worth the extra money in my opinion.
The ES is my work vehicle, I carry lots of chemicals and cleaners plus hoovers on a daily basis. So I nipped to Asda and got a boot mat (£10) which with a couple of snips with scissors fits the boot as a cheap alternative to a boot liner (easy to roll up when ES is needed for weekend away!) The boot (looks smaller than it is) holds everything needed for work. I don't have the spare wheel on the rear door so relying on ford recovery (previously quick and very good service) if I ever get a puncture. The puncture kit has its own small space and is stored into the boot floor. No space for any sized wheel below the carpet incase anyone wonders.
I have one query (and will post on other forum topic too) about the front grill. Does anyone else feel the lower part of the bumper is missing a grill that would shield the radiator. Maybe the grey of the radiator stands out more against the kenetic blue but wondered what others thought and is it possible to buy a grill to fill the gap?
Any questions don't hesitate to ask. Jx

·
Registered
111 Posts
Pretty much sums the ES up ginjr,

Yes the rad or oil cooler (need to look again) looks a bit exposed more so on them flooded Northern roads perhaps, some plastic mesh would finish it off well as per 80's rally cars mods!!!!

Might have a look at that this weekend,

Dropped into Mud Stuff last week on the way home, picked up some cargo nets and a curry hook to fit this weekend as well, find storage could be better on ES, used there kit on Land Rovers in the past, some useful bits for other cars as well, got a web site full of ideas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oooo thanks for that bobtail..... I will have a look at Mud Stuff too as Im with you on the lack of little hooks n storage accessories.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The rad and oil cooler is open a nice clip in grill would set the motor off, there is a challenge for accessory suppliers.

Fitted the cargo nets I will post with some photos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts