Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi may sound daft but I have a 2018 ecosport and when I turn ignition off I hear a pinging noise for a couple of seconds is this normal tia

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hi Bob and welcome to the forum, I have not heard pinging.

You would have to explain pinging a bit better, and where you are hearing it, and for how long the pinging goes on, just the 2 seconds or repeating a while later for another 2 seconds? Is it from the engine, is it from the exhaust, is it just to do with cooling down of parts after you are parked?

Cooling down of parts is the usual cause of noises after a run, due to the expansion of heated parts during car running and then contraction during cooling when parked, like the manifold, exhaust, heat shields come loose or not fitted right on exhaust system are usually the culprit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi it’s from engine bay and starts about 10 seconds after turning off and last for 2 seconds then stops

·
Registered
278 Posts
I too wonder what is meant by pinging. I personally detest the stupid noise emitted from the car if you dare to transgress. I try not too but I have noticed it will make the noise stop and then do it again. One is if I turn the ignition off before selecting N or P and it really goes to town if I forget the handbrake'., even if I select P. No matter my foot is still on the footbrake. This is an automatic. I would suggest it's more of a boing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I am lazy and leave the light switch on auto, I don't get the lights on warning, could it be you have not turned the lights off?
Noises like water leaks and electrical faults in cars are the bain of anyone so good luck with your detective work.
For all its faults I still disagree with the motoring press. I read yesterday a road report on the new Puma and yet again was a reference to the Ecosport ( not complimentary)

The other was the Aussie's response to the news that the Puma will have a Double Clutch auto box. The general feeling was that Fords will not sell many there ( I beleive that they may be the first to get it) after many many Aussies were left seriously out of pocket due to Fords earlier powershift box fiasco.
Perhaps Ford will be using the VW box, after I read Ford and VW are getting together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts