Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,Signed up because we've ordered a black Titanium ecosport. No idea when it is due to arrive but we're hoping for before Christmas because our lease is up on our Juke by then.
Lots to read here and I hope to join in more once we pick it up.
Can't wait.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome along from a fellow newbie to the forums!
I hope they've upped production. Ours was 6 month wait

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice to see the waiting times have come down, might see I few more 'sports on the roads. I feel as if I'm the only person who's got one as their that rare on the roads.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes I agree I've only seen one "on the road" and batches are starting to arrive in the uk,, to give potential purchasers an idea of the wait I enquired in April this year and placed a firm order on the 14th July and collecting next week! Edited by: Mitch

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow-I'm in the driving seat! , collected my moondust silver ecosport 1.5 tdci at 4pm today! From the dealership to my home is a 27 mile route, which covers town,dual carriageways, A and bendy B roads,which for a first "real test drive "is the ideal mixture.its my day off tomorrow so will upload pictures and give a more broad overview however here are the bulletpoints.
1) don't believe in all the negative press this car has received -it's awesome
2) the driving position is one of the best in its class
3) the elevated position does NOT compromise the the handling of this car (as reviews have stated)
4) the driver,s seat is comfortable (it grips your love handles!)
5 ) perfomance lovely sweet gear shifts,and eager to rev freely,first is a little laboured, but second , and third get this car shifting
6) brand new cars don't deliver the manufactures MPG figures (if ever) however the 27 miles (according to the trip) avg mpg 52.1
7) DRL are fog lights on dim!
8) the steering is a highlight -bang on-(the weight up front with the oil burner engine may be a big factor)
9 ) a huge plus - so many Nissan juke,mokka ,duster drivers gave me a second take!!
Thanks for now
Edited by: Mitch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi MitchPleased your wait is over and you're happy with your Ecosport. I look forward to seeing pics and hearing more about it. I'll hopefully receive mine by the end of November.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My day off today- done 100 miles, a pure pleasure to drive and as I live in leafy suffolk, there is not another one on the road, so everybody on the roads are turning heads.(I lived in Brighton for thirty years, you must have seen one!)
Will upload some pics for weekend. If you have an apple phone the sync is a dream,it's voice activated,and to make a phone call, or play music is a peach.the glove box is actually-a cool box, keeps your sandwiches or 4pack cool!.
It is a must to have rear sensors as an option.,the rear seats uprights can be adjusted by three positions to give passengers a more upright or reclined position.my two rear passengers today were impressed by the airy feel in the cabin and legroom.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mitch said:
Hi,
Interesting? You say you have a juke- what made you decide the ecosport this time?
I was tempted by another Juke but if you look on the forums there have been big issues with a batch of them, so much so production has been stopped while they sort it out! Sounds scary and put us off.
Plus we fancied a change

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mitch said:
My day off today- done 100 miles, a pure pleasure to drive and as I live in leafy suffolk, there is not another one on the road, so everybody on the roads are turning heads.(I lived in Brighton for thirty years, you must have seen one!)
Will upload some pics for weekend. If you have an apple phone the sync is a dream,it's voice activated,and to make a phone call, or play music is a peach.the glove box is actually-a cool box, keeps your sandwiches or 4pack cool!.
It is a must to have rear sensors as an option.,the rear seats uprights can be adjusted by three positions to give passengers a more upright or reclined position.my two rear passengers today were impressed by the airy feel in the cabin and legroom.
This is really great, so glad everyone on here loves their Ecosport. I don't understand why the reviews seem so negative!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts