Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I will be placing an order for my Titanium S in about 3 weeks.
I'm going for White with all available options. Can't wait. I've always had second hand cars that were at least 7 years old previously. ?

·
Registered
888 Posts
well done, I am getting a red ecosport in 4 weeks time, I always change for new at three years old, otherwise they lose too much in value.

I do have a 2 seater convertible which I bought new 10 years ago, and it was far too good to hand in regarding reliability and enjoyment to drive, when I went to trade in last year I was offered a pathetic £1000, so still have it, as may as well run it in to the ground, or wait for some scrappage deal is available.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The Ecosport was my first new car too. To be honest with the finance deals you get now it can sometimes be more cost effective to lease new than buy used.

Let us know when you order and how long you'l have to wait.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lead time on an order is around 8 weeks for the car I am looking for.
Diamond White + Winter Pack + Parking Sensors + Sony DAB + NAV.
Should be around mid to late November.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
I believe at the moment the euro spec vehicles are built in India, with others built in Brazil, but I think I read on hear that Ford are moving euro production to an Eastern European plant next year.

·
Registered
888 Posts
8 weeks, I was quoted 5 weeks by dealer, but I assume this is due to not having many extras to fit, as its just the spare wheel and roof rails, its crazy that the roof rails are not standard on the basic Zetec model, I ordered.

Mind you the way its going, it will be 8 weeks by the time it is shipped to me, so I think your dealer was more realistic :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After my local Ford Dealer ceased trading before I could give them a deposit I went to Hendy Ford in Winchester to place my order for my Ecosport.
I could not fault them on customer service.
They only downside was that they were not able to provide a Titanium S for a test drive, but did have the 125ps model.
They have gone out of their way to match and in most cases beat my local dealer who has unfortunately ceased trading.
The lead time was originally 6-8 weeks from the local dealer. The guys at Hendy quoted 4 weeks, but the Sales Manager came to see me during my meeting with the sales guy to congratulate me on choosing Ford and to advise that they had located a vehicle with my exact spec and colour in a showroom 'up north'. They estimated a 2 week lead time if they could get this vehicle.
I went to the Hendy showroom yesterday to sign the finance papers and was told my car would be here Wednesday!!
That is 1 week from placing the order!
I probably won't be able to pick it up until Saturday (due to work) but the camera is charged and primed!! :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Well done, good result :D

If they have the car in showroom or stock then you can get it quick, unfortunately because I wanted red base model but with roof rails and spare wheel on the back, it has to come from India, hence the wait.

Mind you I still get to drive my existing Quasqui without worrying about mileage used,until its time to handover, even if it takes the full 8 weeks wait, or more.

This changeover period I always hate with cars, as I have to watch my Quasqui very carefully so nothing happens between now and handover.

Also got to get my private plate sorted out soon by dealer, transfer is £80 to put on the new car, had it for decades and its JYD ***, hence my callsign ColinJYD.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Pick Up Day!

Tomorrow is handover day!
10:00am handover meeting for my Diamond White Titanium S.
Really looking forward to picking it up....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What was probably the rainiest, wettest day in weeks, was the day I took delivery of my car!
Only took a few snaps using my phone because the weather was so bad. :(

·
Registered
888 Posts
Looking good, I like your black wheels (did not know that was an option) goes well with the white body, I m getting silver alloys.

You reminded me when I went to collect a new Toyota celica years ago, and it was pouring down with thunder and lightning, and the salesman was desperate to get rid of me so he could get back indoors, talk about a quick handover, that was the quickest :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Colin. Thanks. The black 17inch wheels are standard on the Titanium S no matter what colour body you have. As is the black roof and black mirrors. I like the contrast with the white. We have nicknamed it the panda!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts