Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my EcoSport seems to drink diesel.

Some days I'll drive 15 miles and it uses 15 miles of fuel, others I'll drive 15 miles and it'll use 60 miles of fuel.

It's a 65 plate and had a service last month, been on a diagnostic, hand brake tightening, all brakes checked and I use BP/Shell fuel.

I've also put a couple of bottles of redex in it for the injectors.

What could be causing this? Would a faulty injector show on a diagnostic?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Depends on the driving conditions. A diesel is best at a constant speed on the motorway. The urban environment is not good for a diesel.
I sold my diesel Fiesta as I only do 4000 miles a year and bought a petrol EcoSport.
How many miles a year do you drive?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi my EcoSport seems to drink diesel.

Some days I'll drive 15 miles and it uses 15 miles of fuel, others I'll drive 15 miles and it'll use 60 miles of fuel.

It's a 65 plate and had a service last month, been on a diagnostic, hand brake tightening, all brakes checked and I use BP/Shell fuel.

I've also put a couple of bottles of redex in it for the injectors.

What could be causing this? Would a faulty injector show on a diagnostic?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are forum members taking there mpg by the cars computers or by the actual fuel there using to get a truer reading,sorry if I’ve put this post in wrong place

·
Registered
975 Posts
I would say most motorists nowadays (like myself) just take the cars computer value rather then note down on paper the old fashioned way, mileage done verses amount of fuel put in, then average the figure out over a number of months to get a true MPG.

About trip computer.....One thing to watch is never accept the MPG value from the computer on the first 20 minutes of a journey, as it is rather inaccurate, I get really low figures during that period. Best to take a reading well into the journey or near end of journey, where it is more accurate.

Also best to take a note of these readings in your head (or written down) and average out the value over a period of months to get the real MPG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts