Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi couple days ago , suddenly my ecosport 2016 the power steering malfunction on + traction control off + hill assit indicator on . When i check to ford they asking for changing all the racks for 2500usd . Which is to much , does any of you experience the same thing ?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Not heard of anyone on this website having the problem, but as cars get older faults will surely occur.

Ford dealership repairs outside of warranty are expensive just due to cost/hour of labour + parts. Your cheaper option is to go to an independent garage, get a price of them to investigate and then repair. Might be worthwhile using a good secondhand rack if your rack is damaged, to cut costs.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had a quick look at my OBD11 book but that only covers engine/tansmission faults:
How does the steering feel, if OK then drive carefully, as to the traction control off and hill assist on? Unfortunately without a workshop manual it is difficult to find what circuit is used for these parts, if indeed they are shared.

Sometimes the answer is simple BUT it needs a computer to find out and will probably cost around £75/£100. at a good independant. If you are mechanically minded and this I suggest with every caveat in the book, refer to the handbook and see what fuse serves what. SOMETIMES by removing and replacing the fuse cures the problem . Of course check one hasn't blown.

Vehicles are so complex these days with the electrical circuits piggy backing off each other.
My own experience with the Ecosport when the cooling system alert came up with reduction in power etc. Cleared itself after a few minutes. Nobody could find why, it just happened. Not happened again. That was at circa 3000 miles.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts