Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, we have said light come on. But, it seems to be driving ok??? Help!! we have 100 miles to get home, anyone?? Cheers Andy (2018 ecosport st line)

·
Registered
888 Posts
The powertrain malfunction light lighting up, means that something is not working right with the engine/transmission, and the car usually goes into limp mode if it is a serious problem.

Limp mode is hellish, I have experienced this in my wifes last Smart car when the engine management light came on, and only gives you enough power in the engine to slowly get you home, and steep hill are just a no no. The car will not get up them easily, as power and speed is really reduced. It makes driving really dangerous.

This is the car designers idea of protecting the engine, till it is looked at and sorted.

You should now take your car back to the dealer As Soon As Possible, and they will plug in an OBII reader and find out the fault code(s) and sort out the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, we have said light come on. But, it seems to be driving ok??? Help!! we have 100 miles to get home, anyone?? Cheers Andy (2018 ecosport st line)
Hello, did you have any success in fixing the issue. I have just had the The Powertrain Malfunction Message and realised the manual shift buttons are not working - is that the issue you had?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Welcome to the forum Irshad.
Well that answer above was short and sweet :D
Just to give more information from the internet.

P0132 code means...
OBD-II Code P0132 is caused by an oxygen sensor circuit high voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 1). ... If there is too little oxygen in the exhaust, it means the engine is running too rich and using excessive fuel. This wastes fuel and pollutes the air with carbon monoxide.

How to fix P0132 code....
There are generally two fixes for trouble code P0132. The first is to repair or replace worn-out, broken oxygen sensor wires. It is essential to inspect the wiring harness before replacing oxygen sensors, which is the second solution. In most cases, you don't need to replace o2 sensors unless they are damaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts