Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - posting here to see if anyone has any advice on the powertrain light thats comming on my sisters 2017 Diesel Ecosport

I changed the battery initially thinking it was a battery problem but the same problem remain

This powertrain light - from what Ive read its basically the ECU - any way of resetting or should she just take it to the delaership or electrical garage

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi Kiteboy and welcome to the forum :D

Assume out of warranty...
Others have been in this situation before, you can reset using an OBII reader plugged into the diagnostic socket, but read the fault code(s) first and solve the problem or even if you reset, it will just return. Also if a really bad situation you go into limp mode.

Car Electrician in an independent garage would analyse the fault codes first, to help understand the fault, then tackle the fault at cost.
If you go to main ford dealership they will ask for at least £150 for the first hour just to figure out the problem. Then tell you cost of repair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.....yeh must be out of warranty as my sis didn't mention that.....its not starting at all or even trying to turn over

I think I have an odb somewhere but think it's just a cheap one for use with torque

1 - 3 of 3 Posts