Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I’ve only just become a member in anticipation of being an owner!
Unlike you all I have yet to be an Ecosport owner. I’m looking ..... have been for quite a while .... for a low mileage 2016 Ecosport.
It MUST be YELLOW, AUTOMATIC & have a REAR MOUNTED SPARE WHEEL...... that’s not a lot to ask is it 😀
Advice please. I really really really want one! I love the Ecosport.
I will be saying farewell to my faithful 1998 Chevy Blazer 4x 4 (official import) so that’s a hard act to follow!
Please tell me I won’t be disappointed.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hi there, Yellow is not that easy to find, as it is a desired taste either loved or disliked, hence tend to be rarer.
Though I have seen a few of them driving around up here in Bonnie Scotland :D

So keep looking on Ebay, autotrader, gumtree cars, etc.

Also check your local car sales papers, you pick them up free in your local petrol station.

Also check Ford dealership secondhand sales nationwide on the internet. Surprisingly prices can be competitive.

Good luck ;)

PS...In 2016 model you have a choice of the newer 1.0 three cylinder petrol engine (most go for this), or the 1.5 zetec petrol which I have, or the 1.5 Diesel, though diesels are not as popular now as they used to be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Colin,
I’ve been regularly checking the internet and have come across one recently at a Ford approved garage but it is quite high mileage and a long way from where I live. However when I can get down to see it I will. I’m not prepared to risk buying without a test drive.
I’m also reluctant to purchase from eBay or privately “on spec” just because it ticks all my boxes. A two year old car imo must come with some sort of warrantee from seller (dealership) other than what remains of the manufacturer’s warrantee.
I’m also registered with various internet sites with fingers crossed.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have bought three cars via ebay over the years, been good deals, but were never expensive cars, my highest payout was £7k, but rule is never hand over cash first, and ensure you see log book first and get a test drive. Many on ebay nowadays are car dealers just advertising the car, so assume some sort of warranty is on offer.

Heres 7 yellow ones on ebay (gives you an idea of price) .....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fsrp=1&_nkw=ford+ecosport&_sacat=9801&_from=R40&Colour=Yellow

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi there, if you buy one of these you wont be disapointed, they are great little cars. Had mine for a year with no problems, it does not like my black country accent when you talk to the phone or stereo much through, just talk slower LOL. only draw back is the boot, a tad little but the seats fold down in a second for more space, the only annoying thing is the parcel shelf, when you lift it it locks in place and does not drop back when you close the boot door , you have to rember to pop it back down else you cant see out the back properly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
the only annoying thing is the parcel shelf, when you lift it it locks in place and does not drop back when you close the boot door , you have to rember to pop it back down else you cant see out the back properly.
:D:D:D That's the thing I'm guilty off, often after loading the shopping, get back in the car ready to drive off....look in rear view mirror and can hardly see a thing then remember THAT parcel shelf, Grrrrr >:) However all that aside I love my ES :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts