Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Ford Eco Boost Titanium 2016, the radiator fan is worn and needs replacing at 112 000km, should this not have been checked at each service? and covered under warranty (warranty expired in March 20. Should I pay out of pocket or hold dealership responsible, they did a 100 000 km service. Please help with advice.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi and welcome :D

Cannot understand why your in warranty as its normally three years only, unless you took out extended warranty, or you bought the car recently and got a one year warranty included.

Anyway a lot of things are not covered by warranty (read the small print), things like expendable parts, like brakes, oil changes, A/C, etc, and I think your fan has done very well reaching over 100,000 miles. Now if the car had only done say 30,000 miles and the fan/motor was worn, you would be well within in your rights to ask for the dealer to pay. But 100,000 miles no chance, that fan is just worn out. You could try asking dealer, but chances are the answer is no.

The fan needs changing, so cheapest method is buy one off ebay and fit it yourself, its an easy bolt on job. Done a few in my time. Just make sure you get the right radiator fan to fit your engine type/size. Or get an independent garage to fit one for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and welcome :D

Cannot understand why your in warranty as its normally three years only, unless you took out extended warranty, or you bought the car recently and got a one year warranty included.

Anyway a lot of things are not covered by warranty (read the small print), things like expendable parts, like brakes, oil changes, A/C, etc, and I think your fan has done very well reaching over 100,000 miles. Now if the car had only done say 30,000 miles and the fan/motor was worn, you would be well within in your rights to ask for the dealer to pay. But 100,000 miles no chance, that fan is just worn out. You could try asking dealer, but chances are the answer is no.

The fan needs changing, so cheapest method is buy one off ebay and fit it yourself, its an easy bolt on job. Done a few in my time. Just make sure you get the right radiator fan to fit your engine type/size. Or get an independent garage to fit one for you.
Thanks for your reply. Its 100 000 km not miles, so yes, i suppose so. I just wonder why they didnt check for this at 100 000 service?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Its 100 000 km not miles, so yes, i suppose so. I just wonder why they didnt check for this at 100 000 service?
They hardly do any checking at all at a service, they only do the minimum. To me dealer servicing is only a requirement to keep in warranty, as servicing is only tyre checking, oil & filter change, pollen filter change, and visual checks. Most of these things an owner could check themselves.

As for getting an ecosport radiator fan on ebay, have just checked and they are around £80 to £100.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much, unfortunately I am in South Africa and we have to purchase the entire rack system and not just the fan. Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts