Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered that the radio shuts down if the engine is not running. I was parked up somewhere with the radio on and listening to some music when after about ten mins the radio went silent,then the display dimmed out leaving just the clock,this has happened a few times on any band, can anyone confirm this,? or have I got a fault?

·
Registered
807 Posts
This unfortunately is standard on most modern cars nowadays, including the Ecosport, to save on battery power, ie, so it automatically switches off the radio after 10 minutes.

Solution for me 2016 model: Just put the ignition on again, switch on radio again, and then ignition off, no engine start required, and radio will be on for yet another ten minutes, then go off again. Just repeat.

If you have 2017 model or later, it might just be a case of hitting the 'radio on' button again (I do not have this model)

Or you can just run the radio, with engine on and car stationary, and get a heat and music while parked :D

Just another stupid idea by car makers. Could be worse, my wife's Smart car switches off the radio when engine stopped, no way of keeping radio on when parked, unless engine is on. Grrh!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I suggest it depends which model you have. We have a Titanium with the 8inch screen. I just press the left hand button below the screen and the radio switches on. Sometimes it has gremlins and have found a quick touch is enough.No ignition on. But we do also have keyless pain in the but job. As you say after about 10 mins or so, the radio shuts off, I then give the button another touch and on comes the radio. Of course the screen lights up but I just ignore this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts