Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Ford ecosport Titanium 1.5 Smoke Grey
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear door lock seems to be having a tantrum. Sometimes it will open others I hear a faint whir but will not unlock. It is difficult to get to the inners of the door as at present it will not unlock. Has anyone else suffered this problem and can point me in the right direction Please.
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi Dave, this fault is quite common as quite a few members on here have had the same fault, and if out of warranty, bought another rear door activator (electrical solenoid) and fitted it themselves, rather than pay the absurd labour costs per hour of a dealership.

You can buy new from Fords parts department, or risk a secondhand one cheaper off ebay and fit it yourself. Good luck. Getting Ford to replace is very costly nowadays, so if you cannot fit it, take it into a local car garage to do it for you, which is cheaper than Ford.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for info, will have to do something driving me potty. Will have a look at locL garage for costing.
Dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just want to say a big thank you for the video it's gonna help me loads when the new unit arrives.
Your a star.
Dave
After a month of waiting the sender told me yesterday that my shipment had been lost by the carrier . I have received a full refund. I went back to Amazon and as the last two days have been prime days, I found another for delivery tomorrow (Wednesday) Which was delivered today :rolleyes:. The price is £64.99 on amazon but because it was prime day I got it for £51.09. So am going to fit tomorrow, will let you know how I get on.
Thanks again
Dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to once praise you for all your help after just 2 hours and many watching of the video I now have a working rear door.
Easy to follow the video, I just say to anybody who is looking to do the same ( I'm green (as in useless) at all thing mechanical,
Take your time cos if I can do it anyone can.

Thanks Mr Blue Sky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts