Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a problem with the rear (side opening) door not opening. I can hear the servo trying to do it's job but not unlatching the lock. Read online about lots of others having the same problem and having to replace the servo on the lock. Anyone had any experience of this and has there been any recalls for this problem? Where is the cheapest place to get a replacement servo? It's a 2015 Titanium 1.0 model.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

It's solenoid, not servo.

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hi and welcome, you could check ebay, or scrapdealers (phone or on-line), or even the Ford parts department, you might be pleasantly or horrendously surprised at their price >:)

And your right there has been a few owners on here with rear door latch/electrical problems, not opening, so its a part that seems is not very robust by the look of it. Good luck getting the part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply colin. Checked ebay and there are chinese jobbies which are very cheap as they are the whole lock unit with the actuator. Not sure about the quality of these, but then the oem Ford part hasn't lasted very long anyway. Have found out that Ford are supplying the actuator by itself now after the amount of problems with them. Part number is Finis code - 2169845 apparently so i will give them a call in the morning and see if i get any joy there first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also am having problems with the boot not opening.i only bought the car 2 months ago,a 65 plate, and I am disappointed that this has happened a second time in such a limited time.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hi Jimuck, are you not still under some aftermarket warranty from a garage seller (usually 2 or 3 months), or was it bought off a private seller.
If the later then you are snookered, as no warranty given, as they usually give you a letter with the statement 'sold as seen' (they keep a copy of letter). I do that when selling to a private buyer.

Only time you could argue the fact is in the first week of ownership and that you spot a fault, or worse, someone trying to pull the wool over your eyes with a fault (usually intermittent faults) that was always there. You do have very few rights when buying off a private seller, so could end up costly, so most times just having to fix the fault yourself is cheaper in the long run. I have only ever bought privately off ebay with reasonably new cars (less than 2 old), where there is less chance something is really wrong, or its just a minor fix.

As for yourself, well it looks like the common problem of the door solenoid going duff. Buy one and replace. Have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts