Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, newbie here; is it me or is it impossible to fully remove the two rear outer seats' headrests? I know about lifting them up, and understand that, as on every other rear (or front) headrest, you need to push or pull a button/clip/catch whatever, to fully remove the headrest from the seat............and even though, on page 65 of the owners manual it says you can........do you think I can??? Not without a hacksaw, methinks!

Is it me? Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone managed to remove the rear headrest/s; The only reason I want to take one or both out, is that with them in my grandkids' car seats sit bolt upright and the top, of the back of the child seat, balances on the headrest; not pretty, and not comfortable............apparently!!

Anyone, any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, how did you spot that?? It's not in the handbook is it???

I will try that in the morning, many thanks!

Dave.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All sorted, many thanks KJH.....

Do you know if anyone tried to fit "grab handles" to the car? Really miss those little details, not me so much as my passengers.............?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have fitted grabhandles to our Smart car, as the internal metalwork skin above window is exposed, so drilled two holes 4mm and used two self tapping screws to fit handle.....On the Ecosport, you would have to check thr internal metalwork skin is suitable for drilling (not external metalwork skin) behind trim above window first, then put back trim and drill through trim and metal. Note, you may be lucky and find pre-drilled screw holes for grab handle's in the metal, behind the trim. So you would just need to drill the trim to match holes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts