Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time to trade in my 3rd MKII ecosport and am being told that a rear mounted spare wheel is no longer available in the UK. I need a spare as I often work in really out of the way places and have twice had a decent sized cut in the side wall of the tyres (obviously no amount slim is going to fix it). Has anyone got any ideas? If I throw a spare in the boot I am not going to have the space I need. Does seem strange that a 'world wide' model is different in the UK than the rest of the globe. Does anyone now of a dealer who change the rear door and bumper insert? Is it worth trying to contact 'Ford Special Vehicle Division'?

·
Registered
888 Posts
My last Ecosport, a pre-facelift 2016 model had the spare mounted on the rear door, but my latest 2019 facelift model has the spare just lying in the boot. Tied down of course for safety. I would rather have a spare, than not have one, as a compressor and goo kit is not 100% going to get you back on the road after a puncture. You should just accept the spare in the boot. Or.....

Other option is to buy a secondhand pre-facelift spare with rear door wheel cover, and the rectangular metal wheel bracket fixing, and fix that on the rear door. It might need a bit of DIY modification to fit the bracket onto a facelift model.

Interestingly, we in the UK got a rather bland looking rear door wheel cover on the pre-facelift models, here are some other international versions, a USA shaped version and the bottom picture which i really liked was an Indian version that showed part of the tyre (would be brilliant to get that shipped over here) ;)....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts